Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 7,886 / Views: 301,528Next Topic
Page: of 526
Pillar of the Community
United States
782 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I went the wrong way with my last question, tried to come back to change it, and it had been answered already.

Smooth move, Exlax.

Leave the questioning to us qualified professionals.
Pillar of the Community
United States
782 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does the common name of this country (in English) consist of more than one word?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3138 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I see it there is still some of Africa, some of South America. all of Central America. And Portugal in the mix.
Just guessing this country is Entirely in the western hemisphere
Edited by keith12
02/22/2021 3:59 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11526 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does the common name of this country (in English) consist of more than one word?

Negative.

9/20
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11526 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RECAP

1. Not around before 1899
2. Minted north of the Equator
3. Minted in the Western Hemisphere
4. Issuing country not an island nation
5. Not around in 1956
6. Issuing country is not the USA
7. Not minted in North America
8. Not around in 1928 (obviously )
9. Common English name is not more than one word

11 questions left!

Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the issuing country one that had the name of its European colonizer as part of its official name until gaining independence in years following Liverpool's sixth Football League title (despite Leeds having an identical number of total points and Chelsea wining the League Cup)?

That's also after the same year that LA defeated Minnesota in 7 games to win the World Series.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm6
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1105 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was this coin minted in Continental Europe?
Pillar of the Community
United States
782 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just guessing this country is Entirely in the western hemisphere

I believe that if it wasn't, the GM would have to clarify.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11526 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is the issuing country one that had the name of its European colonizer as part of its official name until gaining independence in years following Liverpool's sixth Football League title (despite Leeds having an identical number of total points and Chelsea wining the League Cup)?

Good question, but technically, I must say no.

Quote:
Was this coin minted in Continental Europe?

No.

11/20

Edited by spruett001
02/22/2021 8:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am assuming that countries that have regions north and south of the equator are excluded (Q/A 2) as well as more recently independent ones, too (Q/A 10). If so, we should be down to 5 countries.

Since I am relatively new to CCF and this game, how many questions is a player allowed to ask?

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11526 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  12:01 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
how many questions is a player allowed to ask?

As many as you want up to the 20 limit, but generally, we try to avoid any one player asking back-to-back questions. However, if there doesn't seem to be much interest from other players, I say ask away.

As a side note, there are multiple reasons for me to be forced to answer "no" to question #10, so don't be too quick to exclude things. That's the inherent risk in questions that have multiple criteria. Be careful about what qualifying words are used, too.

Also, as Keith mentioned, make sure you do not use "minted in" as a substitute for "issued by." These are usually one and the same, but often not.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
787 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lets try again.

Was this coin around for the Calgary Winter Olympics?
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3138 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
we should be down to 5 countries.
If you list these countries it makes it better for everyone. Guess its research time
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does the name of the issuing country begin with the same letter as its political capital city, while having the word "City" as part of the capital city English name?
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on Spruett001's helpful list of responses and subsequent questions, it seems like we are dealing with the countries of:

Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama
Venezuela (best choice - see below)

-- only if Colombia and Ecuador are excluded because portions of those countries lie below the Equator. Hopefully my last question should divide that list since Guatemala's political capitol is Guatemala City and Panama's is Panama City.

A caveat is Spruett001's warning of technicality to the answer to Q10. That should have eliminated British Honduras / Belize, Dutch Guyana / Suriname and British Guyana / Guyana provided Spruett001 considered that my question included adjectival forms of the countries' colonial names and not a mere repetition of the European noun which follow the English language conventions of naming. These places became independent with name changes 1966-1973, I believe.

Another BIG caveat is that many cartographers or geologists consider Central America as part of North America, while sociologists assign Central America to South America culturally. Some leave Panama with South America for a number of reasons. Muddy waters, for sure and we do not know the host's opinion on this.

If Central America is considered here as North America then we are likely dealing with Venezuela, with lesser possibilities of Panama, Colombia and Ecuador depending on "technicalities" described above.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Page: of 526 Replies: 7,886 / Views: 301,528Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05