Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 168
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it is an American coin (slight assumption)

Easy, we don't know that yet. I'm thinking a "mainland" question could eliminate all the Islands.
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
down to 30 years. can only be dimes, quarters or halves. Was this coin minted at the P or D mint (either one= yes)
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
also, not as a counted question, how many have been used? @loonielew: I don't think it is worth wasting a question on that. maybe a better question would be 'is it an even number' but I won't ask yet
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
down to 30 years. can only be dimes, quarters or halves. Was this coin minted at the P or D mint (either one= yes)

"From the Americas."

Might not be a USA coin.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2474 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was this coin minted at the P or D mint

Please clarify the question. Do you mean Panama City or Durango?
Paris or Dubrovnik?
Philadelphia or Denver?

And it will be Question 9.
Edited by tdziemia
08/19/2019 10:10 pm
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either it is a US coins, or maybe canadian. I thought he said that it was from the Americas, and then made a point about how it is not anywhere in south or central America. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mean Pennsylvania or Denver.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JH, P or D still has you stuck on US coins, we don't know where it's from yet.

Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@LoonieLew, these are the most likely from US mints, and if it is from either one, we know it is America. If you want, should I try to retract the question? It is either America or canadian. he already narrowed it down to that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2474 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, since he asked ... yes, it is from either Philadelphia or Denver.

Summary
1. Not form the Southern Hemisphere
2. From the Americas
3. Not before 1900
4. Before 1960
5. Issued by the same country in which it was minted
6. Denomination 50 cents or less.
7. Minted before 1930
8. Silver
9. Minted at either Philadelphia or Denver

You guys are on a roll! (despite my silly Paris or Dubrovnik comment)
Edited by tdziemia
08/19/2019 10:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is the coin from the Americas?

After this question, we have not narrowed it down. Yes it can be US or Canadian, but also Mexican, and lots of Central America countries not in the Southern Hemisphere. Lets get this straight first.

Edit, low and behold, it is from the US. We got you now Coach. LOL.

Edited by loonielewy
08/19/2019 10:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good! Now we know that it is American! 11 more questions left. This should help: was Lady liberty featured on this coin. (for this, I am not including Barber or Mercury, even though they are portraits of liberty.) so, to re-phrase it: in the coins' names, would you say 'liberty' I.E Liberty walking half. I really wanna win this round. :) LOL. I have a very interesting coin for my turn!
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One more question, was the year this coin was minted in an even year. I.E. 1928, 1922.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
628 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really wanna win this round. :) LOL.

We can probably help you with that, but remember, your out if you guess wrong.

Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yup! Which is why I am not guessing yet! Thanks! Also, when it is my turn, should I try to stick to American coins, or go foreign? (not one of the 20 questions, LOL) Just for the comfort of the people on this thread.
Page: of 168 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05