Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 120
Pillar of the Community
United States
2356 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't help wondering if we received a clue already.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think we have. Did I miss it? Cause if I did, that would be embarrassing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  04:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it minted before 1825?

Yes it was.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is the majority or entire borders of the country located in the southern hemisphere?

Now, this is the kind of question that is concise, succinct and on point. Very good.

Yes, the majority or entire borders of the country is located in the southern hemisphere.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

You never know, this game is kinda screwy.

5/20
Edited by joecoin
08/21/2019 04:49 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
South America ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
South America ?

Yes, the coin is from South America.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2356 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work gang.

I think we are now narrowed down to this list of countries that are entirely or mostly in Southern Hemisphere in South America (in order of population):
Brazil
Argentina
Peru
Chile
Ecuador
Bolivia
Paraguay
Uruguay
Falkland Is
South Georgia&South Sandwich Is

I will ask the question that splits the list in half:

Is the population of the country that issued this coin greater than 15 million? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...y_population

Edited by tdziemia
08/21/2019 07:28 am
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sum-up
South American
Before 1825
After 1750
Pillar of the Community
United States
2356 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
South of the equator is also important. It rules out 5 countries (Colombia, Venezuela, etc)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
627 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Same here. This one was in the 1st post.

Quote:
This coin is a really great coin.

Then,

Quote:
this game is kinda screwy.

It is King joe remember.

I think alot of these countries were Spanish colonies in this coins window. We could be looking at digging pretty hard for this one.

Quote:
@Joecoin...we need to construct you a "20 ? crown"

Here's a little fun. All Hail the King. (of Beasts). I guess that makes us Beasts.

Look at that smirk.
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Edited by loonielewy
08/21/2019 09:20 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is the population of the country that issued this coin greater than 15 million? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...y_population

The current population is greater than 15 million.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15768 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a British Lion.
Falkland Islands.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2356 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This one was in the 1st post.

Quote:
This coin is a really great coin.

That was what I was referring to. I thought it might be pointing toward Great Britain, but shortly after that we learned it was a southern hemisphere coin.

SO, if we are looking at Southern Hemisphere/South America pre-1825, we are stradding the colonial and early independence period of these countries, i.e. the coin could be a colonial, or from a newly independent state.

For Brazil, independence occurred in 1822. COins were issued earlier in the name of the king of Portugal
For Chile and Peru, independence occurred around 1810. Coins were issued earlier in the name of the king of Spain.
I dont think either Argentina or Ecuador issued coins in the colonial period, but somebody can check me on that.

So, we might ask if the coin was issued in the name of a European soveriegn. If yes, this also gives us a somewhat narrower date range for the three possible countries.

Or we can just blast away at country and date. Either way will get us there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
627 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With that "screwy" post, you know he's up to something. Did the new independent states even have their own mints so early, or did they rely on the old mother country. Lets not blast away yet, we should snipe him.

By the way, where did Redifin,JD and silverwolf and all the others go. C'mon back.
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Page: of 120 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05