Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 128
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
627 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just got back from a nice day of metal detecting.

Find anything good, or is that for the next time you are King.

Quote:
Y'all should go outside once in a while

To work on our coin collecting tans, as opposed to our farmers tan, or just my redneck. LOL.
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I tried to go through a bag outside once. The sun was blinding.

A bag of what?
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just got back from a nice day of metal detecting.

Find anything good, or is that for the next time you are King.

I found a good time with a life long friend.

In other words, we got skunked. Just some clad stuff and one Wheat cent. But the weather was perfect.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
627 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a good time with a life long friend.

Better than any coin in my opinion. We got enough coins, the friendship is what matters. Glad you had fun. We were just scheming your demise. .
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2408 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silverwolf is still here, just waiting, if I have nothing to offer, I am silent. outside of north america, I bow to the others.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A bag of what?

I suppose I could make a joke about that, but I feel it's not material worthy of this forum.

I've done it with both Ike's and half dollars.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok minted between 1750 and 1800. Was it minted before 1775?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it minted before 1775?

No, it was not minted before 1775.
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
9/20
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am silent. outside of north america, I bow to the others.

LOL
same. Trying to learn though, expand my knowledge.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does the country for which this coin was minted have the letter A in its (American) English name?
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does the country for which this coin was minted have the letter A in its (American) English name?

Hoo Boy, not sure what you're looking for here.

When this coin was minted the entire continent of South America was colonized by either the Spanish or the Portuguese.

Coins minted in SA were accepted throughout the respective empires, including the home nations (if I understand what I have read correctly)

So to answer your question, yes there is an a in the English rendering of the nation, since it's either Spain or Portugal.

This question does not count towards the total of 20.

Not that it matters, we aren't at 10 questions yet and the noose is tightening.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah ok sorry for being so oblique. Seemed like a good idea 20 minutes ago, but I probably should take this as a sign that I need to catch some Zzzs.

-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
2371 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hoo Boy, not sure what you're looking for here.

Just one man's opinion...

I understand that from a literal or historical perspective, coins in colonial era South America 1750-1775 can be seen to have been "minted for" Spain or Portugal.

But I think most of us use coin catalogs for our frame of reference in the game, so coins minted in Lima 1750-1775 are listed in coin catalogs (I am using Numista and Craig for this one) under Peru and coins minted in Santiago are listed under Chile, even though both were minted under the authority of the king of Spain, and probably wound up in Spain.
So I would take the intent of that last question as being to separate Peru and Chile (no A in the name) from Argentina, Brazil and Ecuador. If your coin shows up in coin catalogs as being a Peru or Chile issue, no would be the expected answer.

I don't know how to take this notion forward in the game, other than to re-phrase what I am guessing to have been the intent of @spence's question: Would this coin be found under Chile or Peru in most catalogs?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1550 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does the country(in its English translation) this coin was minted for start with a vowel?
Page: of 128  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05