Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20 Questions! (Forum Game)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 118
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it a Half Real dated 1780?

General Lafayette arrives in Boston, carrying the news that he has secured French men and ships to reinforce the Americans in the Revolutionary War.

Maria Theresa of Austria dies, and her Habsburg dominions pass to her son, Joseph II.

Unfortunately, my coin was not minted that year, sorry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is the date earlier than 1782?

Yes, the date is earlier than 1782.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That only leaves

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
626 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take my shot and hopefully not win, but narrow it down for James.

Is the coin a 1775 Half-Real?
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is it a 1775 half-real?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
626 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Jimmy, please see the post above, I already guessed that.
"B'eh....B'eh....B'eh...."

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
James delete and guess again
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops! Delete! Is it a 1777 half-real?
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks joecoin for mentioning the highlights of these years. It makes it very interesting to read
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is the coin a 1775 Half-Real?

The American Revolution begins this year, with the first military engagement being the April 19 Battles of Lexington and Concord on the day after Paul Revere's now-legendary ride.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart finishes a Sonata for Keyboard in C.

The Sayre Plotters attempt to kidnap George III of the United Kingdom.

Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oops! Delete! Is it a 1777 half-real?

1777!

What a year it was!

Vermont declares its independence from New York, becoming the Vermont Republic, an independent country, a status it retains until it joins the United States as the 14th state in 1791.

Lachlan McIntosh and Button Gwinnett shoot each other during a duel near Savannah, Georgia. Gwinnett, a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence, dies three days later.

Third voyage of James Cook: English explorer Captain Cook locates Kiritimati (Christmas Island).

Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oof! Remaing years for you guessers still out there: 1788, 1789, 1781. Good luck
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay. we have 18/20 questions gone. We have 4 guessers who have taken their best shot and missed the mark.

We have a half reale dated either 1778, 1779 or 1781.

Is it possible someone will ask the 2 remaining yes/no questions and determine the answer?

Do we all know the difference between a yes/no question and a guess?

By the way, this coin does have a MINTMARK!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh... Could you please remind me what countries we know it could have been minted in? Then I can post the possibilities.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
By the way, this coin does have a MINTMARK!!

I think everyone is thinking it cant be from Potosi because it was stated it was from Peru not the Viceroyalty of Peru.
Page: of 118  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05