Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Quarter New Major Doubled Die?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 142 / Views: 12,798Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Willburton they are for sale but I haven't sold any yet. If interested please send me a message. Thanks
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm confused? What's the new discovery ?
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all. First off, CONGRATS RW1010 for the discovery! I have been following this thread (albeit a bit confused at times with the several different coins posted on this one thread but I believe I have figured it out :) and I would like to point out one VERY IMPORTANT ASPECT on this thread....... I think leveslofmadness should be commended on his kindness and generosity of heart when it came to the discussion between him and RW1010 about who was going to send in their discovery coin first. That is something you just don't see very much these days (especially in life in general) and is a true testament to the friendship and commradare in this great hobby and profession and the friendly members on this forum. Totally Awesome. If only the world worked like this it would be a much better place! Very nice gestures between them both, way to go guys!!!!! Two thumbs up!
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Hermz and Scuba1. I agree that was very professional how levelsofmadness went about the situation. I would like to say thanks again to levelsofmadness. I would also like to say thanks again to Tanman2001 for all he's done
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.... where are my manners! I should have added Tanman2001 in there as well as I did see where he said "WAIT"...... He definitely should be given credit, having a keen eye, in furthering this thread which seemingly help lead to this discovery. Good job Tanman!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had the discovery coin on ebay and had an issue with the listing to no fault of my own. I canceled the sale and have not relisted because maybe it can happen again and I wanted to update the 2 year old photos. This coin did not sell for 50k as now reported. I contacted Blue Ridge immediately early the next day and let him know it did not sell. I was also alerted that it was on CoinFacts and messaged them also that this coin did not sell. As I mentioned here before I don't know what its worth so I was looking for the best offer. I tried to get an appaisal for the coin from numerous sources and have had no luck. I've only been collecting since 2017 but I know this is a big one. How big is a question I can't answer. It may not be worth 50k but I think its worth more than 5k. I also may be way off but so far no one has said a number so I had to do some comparisons to past sales and asking prices. I'm in no rush to sell and may need to wait for the price guide to list a value. I feel I needed to let everyone know because its causing some confusion whether it sold for that much or even worth the asking price. Honestly I don't know what to list it for so I thought maybe someone will make an offer I couldn't refuse. Hasn't happened yet so there is no rush to relist but it is going back on ebay
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First 3 graded labeled DDO. Thanks once again coin community for all your help

Pillar of the Community
United States
2188 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikediamond to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just looked at Wiles' page. IN GOD WE TRUST appears to show the features one would expect of a Class IV doubled die. The doubling on QUARTER DOLLAR is irregular, indistinct, and at a right angle to the doubling in IGWT. So I would tentatively agree that IGWT shows a doubled die while QUARTER DOLLAR is affected by Die Deterioration Doubling.
Error coin writer and researcher.
Edited by mikediamond
07/02/2021 8:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks mikediamond. Your insight and clarification is paramount in these matters. Me not so much. After the cold cruel realization that I would almost never find a 55 69 36 or 72 doubled die I decided to pray one time to the higher power for a major doubled die quarter that would be attributed in my name. A quarter that resembled the big ones. Imagine how I felt when I came across this. Then another to quell all doubts. No surprise to me because I had the ultimate faith it would come to pass. At that time I had no idea what a doubled die looked like yet I knew this was one. Not only that but a major one as requested. I'm not trying to be weird. Just the facts ma'am
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those who don't know "just the facts ma'am " is a often used phrase from the tv show Dragnet
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been blessed so I am doing a giveaway. First I wanted to share this picture where the doubling is stronger than other coins of this variety at least to me. I also have 3 of these to give away to the first 3 people that say they want one. Good luck
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7390 Posts
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like one please
Valued Member
United States
427 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want one

I was in a hurry to say I want one, but now I am editing to add some please and thank you
Edited by IsThisAnything
11/30/2021 8:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5601 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shoot! I missed out by one! Very kind of you to give those away!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 142 / Views: 12,798Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: