Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Quarter New Major Doubled Die?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 142 / Views: 11,340Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
2700 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big congrats Rw1010 on the Listing and so nice to see the ANACS label.

I like the way ANACS puts the coin info across the top as well as the front of the slab. That makes it easy to see what's in the holder when there are multiple coins in a box, without removing them and having to put them back.

Fantastic of you to give some away. That is very commendable.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good timing The Detetorist. Thanks Petespockets55. Anacs is a great TPG because they also label what others sometimes won't. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement also. Paying it back and paying it forward is just good practice
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey RW1010 Just wanted to reach out and say Thank You very much for the coin! I received it a few days ago and its amazing! I am thinking of sending it off for grading. Just curious what your average grade was on the ones you sent out? Also to anyone who wants to answer is it worth sending out for grading?
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem. Glad you like it. Grades are low in general. Au to maybe 63 I guess. I posted the ones I had graded. I was going to put a few in acetone but never got around to it. As for grading yours it's pretty much up to you
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2021  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When the grading company receives the coin do they clean it for you or just grade it and send it back? Any idea on the coins worth? I am not planning to sell mine...just wondering if its worth spending the money to have it graded?
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have to pay more for conservation aka acetone dipping. If you want the max value you need to hold onto it until the value gets to where you're willing to let go which will be a few years. Fortunately for you you don't have to buy and hold only the hold part applies. A little birdie told me it won't be in the next Cherry Pickers Guide so we may need to hold a little longer. This one is worth the wait if you ask me others may or may not agree. Look at the W AMP. L and C coins has the W at 85 and all other W's at 25 in brilliant uncirculated. Total sleeper. I would grade and wait that's just me. These are pretty much unavailable to buy so the populations will be low. Don't quote me as I'm somewhat new to actually collecting but I've been around coins since I was a baby. I've seen and held most of the great coins because my father had the best of them starting with the 1793 chain cent and all the greats thereafter. This is a monster coin no doubt. Wait and see
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5275 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great. Got one more to give away on the 20th at noon. Most likely will be one attributed from Anacs
Pillar of the Community
United States
2700 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, I would get this one graded now and into a slab for protection and variety attribution by ANACS.

(The price to slab it won't come down in the future and it may be 10 years or more before another CPG edition, after the now we're all waiting for now.)
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pete, I appreciate that opinion. I'm considering sending mine in. It looks great and thank you again, RW! This is an exciting first for me, so something I would care to preserve, no matter what the numismatic value shapes into.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5415 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my coin today RW! She's a beaut! Much appreciated, wishing you a happy holidays.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Holidays
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2021  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First to respond gets the coin. Good luck
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42726 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me me me
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 142 / Views: 11,340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: