Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Weather And This Nobby?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community

United States
18258 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  09:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure about how temperature effects coin collecting but I went to a coin show Sunday that USED to have from 80 to 100 dealers. At this show I would guess about 25 dealers present. I know it's hot out but does this heat effect your coin collecting?
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12260 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicer weather equals less collecting. People are outside more, on vacation more, spending money on other activities during nicer weather.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6059 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hobby interests always increase during winter months.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4116 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That's why the summer FUN and the summer Baltimore Whitman shows are comparatively lightly attended.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
United States
74970 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At this show I would guess about 25 dealers present.
Bummer.

I do not know about everyone else, but I would rather be in the AC with the coins than outside in this high heat and humidity.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4551 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spend 8 months (winter) inside mostly doing coins so when we get nice weather I'm outside in the sun camping mostly.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17159 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it will pick up in the winter months.
Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. There is always a summer slowdown every year. Same goes for selling coins in auctions.. there's less buyers I guess because of summer vacations. Winter months are always better.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05