Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Sun-Face, Sunrise, Or Sunset Coins!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 216 / Views: 9,140Next Topic
Page: of 15
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16741 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1936 Republica de Nicaragua.
10 centavos.

Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16741 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1901 Republica Oriental del Uruguay.
2 centavos.

-
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
850 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the purpose of this thread, post any coin, medal or token depicting a sunrise or sunset.

1939 Oregon Trail Commemorative:

Central American Republic, 8 reales:

Pillar of the Community
United States
3678 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think my example was artificially toned but I like it so what the heck...
Pillar of the Community
Luxembourg
580 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Check maudry's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add maudry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Iran 5000 Dinar SH1306, with the traditional rising sun behind the lion.

Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Daniel Carr's concept for the 2019 Apollo coin program.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5495 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1915-S commemorative half dollar struck for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition features a setting sun on its obverse.

The obverse of the half dollar depicts Columbia scattering flowers into San Francisco Bay as she looks out onto the Golden Gate and a setting sun. There is a cherub behind Columbia holding a cornucopia full of additional flowers; the cornucopia and flowers are meant to represent the "boundless resources" of the American West. Columbia is shown wearing a Phrygian cap - a liberty cap; the Phrygian cap as a symbol of freedom dates back to the American and French Revolutions of the late 1700s.

1925-S Panama-Pacific International Exposition Half Dollar

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5495 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is a similar topic...

Should these be combined?

Originally, I didn't think they needed to be - but I see that the OP included a "sun face" coin among the two posted to kick things off.

With that as a guide, I can see the two threads covering much of the same ground (especially considering how these types of threads morph over time!).

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With that as a guide, I can see the two threads covering much of the same ground (especially considering how these types of threads morph over time!).
Excellent!

I merged the topics and changed the title to be more sun-inclusive.
Pillar of the Community
United States
850 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I didn't see this thread. No problem with the merger. Easier to keep track of one than two.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I didn't see this thread. No problem with the merger. Easier to keep track of one than two.
No problem. It was easy to miss with the original title only mentioning Sun-Face.
Pillar of the Community
Luxembourg
580 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Check maudry's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add maudry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Iran, 50 Dinars AH1296

Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 216 / Views: 9,140Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05