Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your "Coins With Hands"

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 949 / Views: 35,341Next Topic
Page: of 64
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5882 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You might not find a more prominent example of hands than this.

I agree, nothing subtle about the hands in the Peace Nickel design!

I will admit, however, that the hands are strong in this one as well. (I'll also admit that I'm a Star Wars (r) fan!):

- Numiscrat's 1906 2 Kroner from Norway - Norwegian independence.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
05/13/2021 3:28 pm
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will admit, however, that the hands are strong in this one as well. (I'll also admit that I'm a Star Wars (r) fan!):
A circle of hands!

However, I think the nickel edges it out when you consider the hand size to coin diameter ratio.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17658 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
German States Hamburg Free Hanseatic City 1553 1 Thaler
Museum restrique.

-
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17658 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1982 Czechoslovakia.
1 Koruna.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5882 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's Canada's 2014 silver $5 commemorative coin to celebrate Alice Munro winning the 2013 Nobel Prize for Literature.

The coin's commemorative reverse depicts an open book with English prose on the left page, and the same passage in French is on the right. The text is handwritten, and a hand holding a pen and actively writing in the book is seen at the bottom of the design. A whispy image of a young woman is shown rising from the pen/page; it is meant to be symbolic of the many female characters in Munro's stories.

The coin's design is the work of Laurie McGaw, an artist who has created the design for more than 20 coins struck by the RCM.

For more about the coin:

- 201 Alice Munro $5.00 Silver Commemorative Coin

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
05/15/2021 09:48 am
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5882 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two hands, two drumsticks and a drummer ready for a solo!

This 2013 coin from Canada and the Royal Canadian Mint (R C M) was struck to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the settlement of Louisbourg. The original settlement grew into a fortified city that was an important military post and busy center of trade.

The $10 silver coin was available only in a proof version; it is one ounce of 0.999 fine silver with a diameter of 40 mm.

Edited by commems
05/17/2021 6:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Do they have to be human hands?

Family crest on a manorial token issued circa 1720's by John Harvey of Dane Court, Tilmanstone, Kent. Mentioned without attribution by one lone cataloger in 1877 (Batty 2267) and, evidently, by no one since.

"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Pillar of the Community
United States
2391 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great run, Arkie!

Quote:
Two hands, two drumsticks and a drummer ready for a solo!
Excellent!

Quote:
Do they have to be human hands?
No, not all all. Well played!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5882 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first coin of the "Exploring Canada" series struck by the Royal Canadian Mint (R C M), this $15 silver coin is named "The Voyageurs." It presents a dynamic scene of five men shooting the rapids in a canoe that was typically used by those in the fur trade - the men in the canoe were voyageurs (aka travelers) who explored Canada, often in search of areas rich in animals (e.g., beavers) that could be hunted for their fur.

Both hands of all five men are holding oars and are actively engaged in steering or propelling the canoe through the river rapids they've encountered. A definite intense focus of "all hands" coin design!

I've always liked the energy of the scene portrayed on the reverse of the coin, and very much appreciate the design work of Canadian artist John Mantha.

If you'd like to learn more about the voyageurs and this coin, check out:

- 2014 Silver $15 - The Voyageurs

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5882 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Arkie: Impressive run of coins and medals. Thanks for sharing!

Is this theme an active collecting area for you?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17658 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vatican Pope Paul VI La Pieta medal.

Edited by Dorado
05/18/2021 9:21 pm
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Page: of 64 Previous TopicReplies: 949 / Views: 35,341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05