Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thoughts On The 2006 San Fransisco $5 Gold

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  7:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I usually only buy modern commemoratives with historical meaning behind them and the one in question is on my list. Currently they're going for around $400, which would translate to $1600 in bullion value. Should I buy one now before gold breaks $1500? I would think the sellers are about to adjust their prices accordingly. If so, by how much?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gold broke and retreated from $1500.

Common $5 Gold commemorative coins in MS & PF 70 both sell in the $370-390 range, your choice NGC or PCGS.

The 2006 SF is considered common, even with <20K mint on the MS.

Dealers at shows sell them for spot +5-6%, if they can find a buyer. With very few exceptions the gold commemorative coins are closer to bullion than AGE.

I'd pay $850 for a MS-70 Boys Town but most are asking higher and selling NONE, and that's with less than a 3K mintage.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31251 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  04:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
5981 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had gotten mine before the recent rise in gold, even has some interesting toning.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always great to see your good photos of wonderful coins, Muddler!
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I like the direction your commemorative is going. Gorgeous.

More than likely I'll buy one the first of the month at an upcoming coin show. I generally see slightly better deals on gold there rather than from EBAY listings/closings. Or at least in my area. Two of my six came from a show.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05