Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Opinion And Value

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
552 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  4:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I am looking for an opinion or a value associated to this 1937 $20 low serial number.

The book just says rare.

All views are welcomed.

Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-15 with this signature combination and Prefix L/E is showing about $50.00.
But with that low serial number it will command a nice premium
The printing on this is, 20 dollars 1937 - Coyne-Towers - Prefix L/E : 1,416,000. Which is the lowest printing of the 1937 $20's.
So that will also command a premium as well I would assume.

http://www.coinsandcanada.com/bankn...5&id_denom=7

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2328 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the money will made mostly on the serial number, the bill itself and the condition, obviously wouldn't do it.. my 2017 guide is showing prices for un circulated bills, as rare, not well circulated..personally I would put a 200-450$ premium on it..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
552 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone on the Canadian Paper Money forum posted the exact note that had sold in the June 2019 Torex auction for $714 premium included. Guess the condition makes it not so desired I think silverwolf's estimate makes sense.

Thanks guys for your opinion!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05