Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Palladium Reverse Proof Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  3:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Mintage will be 30K (double last year's 15K). Reverse proof this year versus last year's frosted proof. With the current price of Pd, the coin's price would be $1,837.50, around $450 more than last year. Initial HH limit still is one coin.

Release date is Sep 5th.

Any predictions? Will this one go as fast as last year's or is the mintage and price now too high?

Edited by BadDog
08/14/2019 3:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it's a pity they raised the mintage
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6697 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ask who really cares?

The modern US Mint offerings have IMHO served to turn off many collectors who used to try and keep up with the issues - who remains in collecting all of these issues?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12265 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or really sure what to think of this one. It's a design many live and RPs in general are popular, but the increased mintage by that much seems to be a mistake in terms of future value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if they can't sell 50k apollo gold coins, how will they sell 30k of these?
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well they sold last years out pretty quick. But that was 15k mintage and at 1200-1300 each. First year they did a proof Palladium Eagle (I think they messed up by issuing a 2017 coin that was issued only to dealers)
But with Palladium now being $1,440 I think it will be very difficult to sell 15k let alone 30k.

I do like the design of the reverse and I wish they had other options like they do with palladium/gold coins from the mint.
Learn More...
United States
75094 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12265 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

20-25k probably would have gotten people a lot more excited
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9938 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
20-25k probably would have gotten people a lot more excited

Indeed, or another 15k mintatge.

I'm tapped out this year after all the Apollo stuff.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05