Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fun Thread: What Reverse Designs Would You Pick For An A To Z Set Of Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5484 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:46 pm Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought this might get some interesting responses from American, Canadian and Australian collectors, and maybe those from other countries.

You probably know that the UK released a set of 26 'alphabet' 10p coins last year, each with a reverse design showing something supposedly related to the UK and starting with a different letter of the alphabet!

Here is the full list...

A - Angel of the North
B - Bond.James Bond
C - Cricket
D - Double Decker Bus
E - English Breakfast
F - Fish & Chips
G - Greenwich Mean Time
H - Houses of Parliament
I - Ice-Cream Cone
J - Jubilee
K - King Arthur
L - Loch Ness Monster
M - Mackintosh
N - National Health Service
O - Oak Tree
P - Post Box
Q - Queuing
R - Robin
S - Stonehenge
T - Teapot
U - Union Flag
V - Village
W - World Wide Web
X - X Marks the Spot
Y - Yeoman
Z - Zebra Crossing

... and here are a few of the coins...

So... if you were designing an A to Z set of coins for your country, what would you put on them?
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since there are plenty of Americans here, I will just do a few...

A - Apple Pie
B - Baseball
C - Cheeseburgers
D - Disney
H - Hollywood
T - Times Square

Bedrock of the Community
United States
18416 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leave the ones we now have. I think there are enough things one coins now.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
2350 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun!

The U.K. list looks like things that are symbols of national (as opposed to local) culture and history, avoiding branded products.

So I would add these to jbuck's excellent start (maybe an occasional substitution), and avoiding our natural wonders which were already covered on U.S. coins:

C - Cowboy
D - Donut
F - Football
G - G.I.
J - Jazz
M - Marching band (or Moon landing)
O - Old Glory (U.S. flag)
P - Pizza (almost as American as the cheeseburger)
R - Route 66
S - Statue of Liberty

Edited by tdziemia
08/24/2019 1:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5484 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great ideas, guys!

I can just imagine a Route 66 quarter with the famous shield!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2418 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just for your information, Australia will have a set of A to Z $1 coins shortly.
They won't go into circulation though (except through the Post office), so I think they will be tough to get hold of.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 13,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
08/24/2019 8:19 pm
Learn More...
United States
76103 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
D - Donut

Quote:
I can just imagine a Route 66 quarter with the famous shield!

Quote:
Just for your information, Australia will have a set of A to Z $1 coins shortly.
Nice!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05