Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Celticknot's Slabbed Ike Collection

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 3,141Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10437 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BIN or Auction?

jbuck it was an Auction. It's PCGS and that one completes my '90 Ikes. It arrived today:

Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

I have not bid on any auction yet. Everything I have bought was BIN. I might have to expand my reach because the BIN commemorative Ike choices are thin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10437 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I might have to expand my reach because the BIN commemorative Ike choices are thin.

True... and/or they have unreasonable BIN prices. In my short experience of buying slabbed Ikes from ebay, a majority of my purchases have been BIN as well but most of those are the easy ones though... the PRDCAM69s, etc. I've been successful in auctions too, they just don't provide that instant gratification and require that 'P' word. Yeah, patience.

I was looking for the 5-Star Generals silvers last night, those are going to be in the $80-100 range at this point. Yikes.
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Understood. I let the prefect MS69 5-Star get away from me because I was not ready to spend that sort of money at the time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10437 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right... and for that kind of money I might just get the two I own in OGP graded myself.
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thought has crossed my mind, but I think I would regret it. Sometimes I think about building a set of brown and blue Ikes to replace the ones I freed for the Dansco.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10437 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, at this point I have yet to take anything out of OGP for albums or slabs so I am very unlikely to send my OGP 5-star W and P in for grading. Will just have to keep an eye out for a more reasonable price for them. I have plenty of other holes to work on while I wait.

The closest I've come to doing something like that is pulling the 5-oz ATB pucks out of their boxes to save (lots of) room in my safe.
Learn More...
United States
86236 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The closest I've come to doing something like that is pulling the 5-oz ATB pucks out of their boxes to save (lots of) room in my safe.
That is understandable.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 3,141Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05