Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

For Sale: Very Nice Mercury Dime Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1372 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  10:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chancellor Sutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been away from my collecting activity and from the forums for a good while. I had a minor stroke in May 2019, and suffered a 4th heart attack on Thanksgiving day 2019.

The collection was assembled (literally) from worldwide sources, and I've been working on the set for in excess of 10 years. I would like to explore the possibility of selling the entire collection before I go through the agony of breaking up the set.

There are 37 FB coins. Over half of the set is comprised of uncirculated (but raw) specimens.

There is no 16-D, and no overdates.

There are 4 coins that are in the vicinity of VF-EF. The rest have partial to full mint luster.. The 4 lesser coins are as follows; 1919-S, 1921-D, 1926-S, and 1945-micro-S

I am located in SW Pa, just 20 minutes from West Virginia University, Morgantown campus.

I think a hands on examination of the collection is the only way to go if entertaining purchasing the entire collection. The examination and transaction can be conducted at the Pa State police barracks in Waynesburg Pa in order that all parties remain safe throughout the process.

In the event that logistics and geography prevent a hands on transaction, we can find a trusted (bonded) dealer that I can send the collection to. If that's not an option, then I'll break up the set.. There are 76 coins in the collection, along with 32 "extras" all high grade material. The asking price for the collection is $2200.00. There are a bunch of high dollar coins in this collection....

Chance
Edited by Chancellor Sutler
08/28/2019 10:19 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29039 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear this,I hope you are doing ok. You should PM macmercury.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16973 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sincerely hope your collection finds a new holder as a complete set.

Strokes and heart attacks. Always hard.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nemlas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am interested and not too far from Waynesburg But I will be traveling the next 2 weeks. If they are still available we can meet per your preference. I do know where the barracks are.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9196 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2019  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very sorry to hear about your health problems. Best of luck to you.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1372 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2019  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chancellor Sutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the sentiment. I appreciate it very much.

I will post a few pics of some of the highlights of the collection. I built the collection largely by cherry picking sets. There are some coins that I had to buy an entire set to get. I still look at collections, but its been well over a year since I've seen a set with anything in it that would make it desirable, or which could add anything to the my set. I wouldn't want to start a collection in this manner today. Early dates in BU, particularly those from the branch mints just don't pop up in sets these days.

The list of countries where I've made acquisitions (via eBay) is quite lengthy, and include England, France, Portugal, Austria, Estonia, Spain, Italy, Germany, The Czech Republic, Australia, and probably a couple others that escape me at the moment.

The reason for selling either this collection, or perhaps some selections from my type set, is to pay a high veterinary bill for my cat, who's just like a family member and who had to be hospitalized recently. I have friends who think I should have had him euthanized, but having lost my wife and my eldest sister in the past 2 years....putting my pal down was never an option I seriously considered. Yes, we'll have to part eventually, but not for something that was eminently curable.

I'll post a few pics of some choice specimens tomorrow or thursday 9/5.

Chance
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29039 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to the pics. How is your bud doing?
John1
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jim7219 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interested in the set. Would like to talk to you about it. Sent a PM
Pillar of the Community
United States
1372 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2019  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chancellor Sutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First and foremost I apologize for the delay. One day of physical labor takes me 2 days to recover from.

TJ's doing very well now. He had a urinary tract infection that went systemic. he was in an oxygen tent...which I didn't even know they had for cats...though I guess an oxygen mask would be out of the question.

To the coins... The group pics are of little value, but they do reveal the level of luster of the earliest coins of the set.

The 21-P has some scratches from being in a Whitman folder and is nearly FB. The 20-P is a common date, but quite scarce when well struck and with FB. The 25-D looks better in hand than the picture reveals.

Every issue from 31-S to 45-S is BU...except the 45-micro s, which is roughly VF.

Chance

Edited by Chancellor Sutler
09/06/2019 6:22 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29039 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How is it going,have you sold the set yet?
John1
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nemlas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent an email to you as I am back in Pittsburgh. Did you get it?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05