Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 P VDB LWC No Dots In VDB

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I'm totally confused here.

Jim0815 says he contacted "Mike Diamond" about his coin. I posted about one I have just like it.
Then I posted and asked How can I contact Mike Diamond ?
And my post gets removed.
What is the secret handshake, or when are ones dues paid.
Without explanation it really does make one feel VERY unwelcome and uncomfortable.

Dan
Edited by Panther
09/14/2019 9:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dan, I found out how to email him through errorref.com there is no secret handshake my friend. Mr. Diamond runs that website.
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim thanks. I appreciate it.
I just thought we were here to solve problems.
I just assumed if you contacted him and he is the go to guy, I saw no reason why it would be considered wrong.
At least an explanation would have greatly helped.
I understand the email system is guarded, what exactly is the criteria for being able to use it.

Dan
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39511 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I still see them. The dots are faint.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/14/2019 10:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop could you direct an arrow to them ? The coin is in relatively good condition, and in person nothing shows, and I find it hard to understand a coin in decent shape would have all three dots worn off. On the reverse of the full coin the mark next to the "D" is discoloration.
Thanks;
Dan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No criteria that I'm aware of Dan. There should be a contact tab with an email address.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41286 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lost in the weeds - is someone actually still suggesting that this dirt-common coin was faked at some point without the periods?
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop;

I'm sorry I meant the coin I posted.

Dan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No Coinfrog, Mike Diamond has the cent now and coop is saying he can see the dots. Mike has the coin in hand and says there are no raised dots. Coop losses the argument on this one.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39511 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are indented coop, not raised.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41286 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All three dots are clearly indented in exactly the right spot - not even level?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No Coinfrog, not even level.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find an animation helps me see if things are there or not.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
1742 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  12:04 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Normally I find these animations highly useful to see what's going on. But in this case I still don't know what's going on. I do believe we shall have the mostly final answer soon once Mike publishes on the coin, and am looking forward to the end game on this one. But as a variety kind of guy, I am very, very patient and willing to wait for that answer. Might even have that before I get the answers to my last PCGS submission a month ago. This part of coin stuff takes time and detail work, and in this case publishing delay, so good to be patient. Wish I were sitting by a lake listening to loons call or something, because, well, I would really rather have the answers a tad faster as wouldn't we all.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05