Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The 26 Days Of Half Cents (Act II)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
701 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice 1/2 cent kanga!

This is my 1806 C-2 small 6 with stems.

Learn More...
United States
77182 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13084 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think I need to break out the Verdi-Care.

@cipster, I'm thinking those green deposits on your coin should be addressed too.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41287 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree - Verdi-Care should stop that in its tracks with no appreciable change in appearance.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8228 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1806 Half Cent, C-4
PCGS / CAC AU50BN
Ex: Mark Palmer Collection (July 2016)

Original photos courtesy of and with permission from Shawn @ Earlycoppercoins

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41287 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adam - That's just super!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8228 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Frog :) It's my type coin for the series and my favorite Half Cent.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
4397 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure you guys don't own coin shops? Very impressive! !

If I had your collections, I would burn mine. I'm doing something wrong!
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41287 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're not alone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4397 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Coinfrog- Do you know anything about paintings?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6141 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1806 Half Cent:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8228 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy what you have regardless of what others may have. They are only material things and you cannot take them with you when you go!
Many collectors have been at this 10, 20, 30...50 years or more, a long time to save up and build.

I have been privileged to know many collectors both on and off CCF with some truly exceptional collections and I feel blessed to be able to both see the treasures of others as well as to share the ones that I do have. Of course, there's always room for upgrades...

Patience, wisdom and prudence will for the most part get you where you want to be, collection-wise, in the long run. A $50 a month investment will let you buy a $600 coin every year (or a $1200 coin every two years, or a $6000 coin after only ten years!) Even with only the cost of two large pizzas a month put away ($25) that's $300 a year, not including any interest you may earn. Start a savings account as a Coin Show Fund (or whatever) and every year or two you can buy something really nice, or several smaller things, or both.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4397 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Enjoy what you have regardless of what others may have. They are only material things and you cannot take them with you when you go!
Many collectors have been at this 10, 20, 30...50 years or more, a long time to save up and build.

I have been privileged to know many collectors both on and off CCF with some truly exceptional collections and I feel blessed to be able to both see the treasures of others as well as to share the ones that I do have. Of course, there's always room for upgrades...

Patience, wisdom and prudence will for the most part get you where you want to be, collection-wise, in the long run. A $50 a month investment will let you buy a $600 coin every year (or a $1200 coin every two years, or a $6000 coin after only ten years!) Even with only the cost of two large pizzas a month put away ($25) that's $300 a year, not including any interest you may earn. Start a savings account as a Coin Show Fund (or whatever) and every year or two you can buy something really nice, or several smaller things, or both.

Thanks for the encouragement and words or wisdom.

Why am I still sitting here crying?

Your points are well taken! Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
701 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin paralyse and beautiful words! Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8203 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someday, I'll update this image. It will automatically improve what is posted here tonight.
I learned a bit more about taking pictures since I made this. But it's a chance for me to post.

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05