Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 83
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12781 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was basically just trying to gauge whether this coin will steal any thunder away from the 95-W now that there'll be a new low mintage ASE(albeit not by much).

There's not really a reason to think it would given the different finish.
Fire A.J. Preller
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't some guy pay around $86,000 for a PR70 '95 W when the graded population was very small and now the PR70 95 W's sell for 20 something thousand?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1589 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cyberman I had to check out what you were saying, but you are correct! AUCTION RECORD: $86,655 PR70 03-31-2013 Great Collections. The winning bid was $78,777.00 and with the buyer's premium it was $86,654.70. The coins PCGS Price Guide value in PR-70 is $16,000 now with a population of 381. I checked for sales of PCGS Cert. 27497128, but PCGS doesn't show any auctions with that coin.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Learn More...
United States
79288 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1252 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wornslick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky or unlucky for me depending how you look at it I will be driving to meet my family for lunch at the time these will be going on sale. If I was home I would have tried for one of them. Good luck to all of you who are going for one!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12781 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding the 86k 95-W, even at the time that price was an outlier. It has been a couple years since a PCGS one had appeared at auction and that one is the reason why there was the huge spike in value. Previously a PCGS one sold in 2011 for 20k but the 86k ended up really spiking the price for a while. Even with that spike another one sold later in the year for 55k so there is a significant gap between the record and the next highest
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
United States
641 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lucky or unlucky for me depending how you look at it I will be driving to meet my family for lunch at the time these will be going on sale.

Get there early and try buying from your phone. Or, you can just shop while you drive like every other person on the road. (I'm kidding btw).
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interesting thread
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10143 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will be driving to meet my family for lunch at the time these will be going on sale.

Tell the fam to wait for you!

Just about 24 hours to go...
Pillar of the Community
United States
641 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How soon after it's release did demand for the 95-W take off? If I recall, some on here mentioned that the coin was initially an afterthought.
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked Ebay and people are pre-selling this one for $500, I think there will be a spike and then a return to a "normal" price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1399 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1995-W was initially an afterthought. The value went up as people realized the rarity. I coin dealer once explained to me that many of the 1995-W's are held by investors due to a quirk in the bullion tax law. I think it's that the tax was only due on the difference between the current bullion value and the purchased bullion value, but I could be getting that wrong. I don't know what the bullion law is now.
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so is this reverse proof silver dollar worth trying to order? unlikely to get one with only 30K
Pillar of the Community
United States
1399 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you collect ASE's it's obviously worth trying to order as it will certainly cost you more on the secondary market. If you don't and just want to get one to flip, it's a for sure winner. How much profit is there to be made is unknown. However, very few people make so much that it wouldn't be worth investing the time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
579 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be trying to obtain one tomorrow. Good luck to all.
Page: of 83  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05