Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,542 / Views: 90,388Next Topic
Page: of 103
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just had a look on ebay where things stand with these. Prices for 69-graded examples have dipped below $900, raw is around $1k and 70-graded examples are between $1.7-1.8k.
The market is slowly being depleted though. The search "2019 s enhanced reverse proof silver eagle" brings up 865 listings right now, not all are for this coin, of course. But we've had 1.1k+ or <700 in the weeks after release.

Interesting to see how things develop over the next few months & years. A lot will depend though if we see another release like this in 2020.
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surprised it's still showing as "currently unavailable" 3 months later. Could they still be trying to reconcile final inventory numbers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2799 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sold my PR70 yesterday for $1625. After all the costs and fees (original purchase price, grading fees, shipping fees, eBay fees and PayPal fees) I netted about $1200. Not too bad, but I was late to the party. Otherwise, I would have gotten more. I also sold my Pride of Two Nations set and the 2013 2-coin set (RP and Enhanced Uncirculated) to a separate buyer on FB. Therefore, there are ZERO ASEs in my collection now, and I'm happy with this.

However, I may start a collection of the new ASE if I like the design change enough. I need something new. I'm bored.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to the ANA Money show in Atlanta on Friday. The mint director was slated to be there signing autographs, so I thought that I'd have him sign a Georgia Innovation dollar reverse proof OGP and I'd also take the occasion to tactfully tell him what I thought of how this whole thing went down. Unfortunately, he wasn't there due to having to be at one of the mints due to an emergency of some sort. So, I got to speak with the guy who seemed to be in charge. Immediately when I brought up the 2019 RP ASE, he said that they have taken an incredible amount of heat for it. I told him that it seems like a large number, if not most, of the people who ended up getting them directly from the mint were not regular ASE collectors. In the end all they really accomplished was allowing many people who don't collect ASE's to make money off of the offering and it caused the price to many of their loyal customers to be very high because they had to purchase on the secondary market. I went on to tell him that I liked the idea of limiting the mintage, but they should give the first opportunities to purchase to ASE collectors. He said that there wasn't a way to do that. I pointed out that all they'd need to do is only initially allow people to purchase who have purchased an ASE within the last year or so prior to the announcement. He didn't seem confident that would be possible. Of course it would be possible programmatically, but they'd have to make the effort. At any rate, he was a nice enough guy. Based on what he said, I'm betting they'll give it a lot more thought before doing this sort of thing again.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I went on to tell him that I liked the idea of limiting the mintage, but they should give the first opportunities to purchase to ASE collectors. He said that there wasn't a way to do that.

An easy start: a special pre-sale link to those with enrollments.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2923 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the PRESALE idea. How about the presale to those who for the last 5 + years, or less, that have ordered EVERY ASE they have produced for the last ? years consistently...You all get the idea.... Great idea...........
Pillar of the Community
United States
1822 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey I did well on this limited edition run. Lets keep it that way :) but if we are going to change it, let me figure out a way to keep ahead of the obstacles :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4206 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But there are exceptions to that logic.

I am an ASE collector. I have the entire set. Some including this one I did have to purchase from the secondary market.
I go to the FUN show every January in Orlando and my first stop is always at the US Mint's booth to purchase the latest proof.
There is no way they know I exist as a long term collector.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there's a perfect way to do it, but there's certainly a better way. Since you have a complete set, I'm guessing that you did buy the burnished and -S proof directly from the mint. If so, those would certainly count as silver eagle purchases during the previous year.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2020  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is no way they know I exist as a long term collector.

Did you pay with card? Then they know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2923 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2020  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are those who bought and do NOT collect. There are these who did NOT buy and do collect. Go figure........ IF people are content with ebay sellers, that NEVER bought an ASE before, buying and selling for record prices, ONLY in America... :) I too am happy. I fine with that too.... Que Sara, Sara............
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2020  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

An easy start: a special pre-sale link to those with enrollments.

I'm a collector (have all the proofs and special editions) but I recently disenrolled. I noticed that all of the coins I get from the ASE enrollment, which is at the beginning of the production run, are in pretty bad shape. For the 2020-W proof I waited until mid-Feb. and I still got 2/2 PF69 maybe even PF68. One of them had a visible gouge on the field. I ordered 3 in mid-Mar. and they are all PF70s. This happened in 2019 and 2018 too.
Page: of 103 Previous TopicReplies: 1,542 / Views: 90,388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05