Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,581 / Views: 98,067Next Topic
Page: of 106
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hfjacinto @Reno32 @Big-Kingdom

Like you all, I got a text at 9:08 as well (that I didn't actually read until about 9:30). Missed it too. That's the second time this month I've been teased with a sub-$100 one of these that I couldn't actually get. Ugh...
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@hfjacinto @Reno32 @Big-Kingdom

Like you all, I got a text at 9:08 as well (that I didn't actually read until about 9:30). Missed it too. That's the second time this month I've been teased with a sub-$100 one of these that I couldn't actually get. Ugh...

It seen like a misstate with mint, not releasing any, it goes so fast. I really thought I had one today.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless...doesn't the HH limit still apply anyway?
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too got the text and thought to check this morning but forgot. Anybody check or actually get one? Odd that 9 months later status is still "currently unavailable"?
Edited by wyzeguy
08/06/2020 07:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2397 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked and it never became available.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint put out a statement:

Quote:
"Due to high demand for the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (product 19XE), the United States Mint wanted to ensure that all sellable inventory was made available to the public for sale. A total of 97 units recently became available due to order cancellations. As transactions were cancelled, the product was inventoried and inspected per Mint standard processes.

Today the Mint was working to move the inventory in our system to prepare it for sale. During that process, an error was made and the product was made available for sale via the Mint's website and immediately sold out. All 97 coins were sold this morning. Our 'Remind Me' features automatically activated and we notified 43,127 people via SMS, and 30,907 people via email about the availability of this product. We expect another small number of units to become available for sale in the coming days. They will be placed on the Mint's website as they become available."

Pillar of the Community
United States
630 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked till about 8:30. Didn't become available.
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Who woulda thought that after nine months there's still a chance for those who missed out the first time.
39 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xorbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, 74034 notifications for just 97 available pieces.
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm more surprised that 97 orders were cancelled. Could that many people have been oblivious to this coins value?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some could have fully understood the coin's value, but their credit cards were declined for various reasons. Other orders could have been cancelled due to people violating the household limit rules.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2397 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember this coin was also heavily promoted so you had a lot of flippers buying just to sell. Not everyone had good credit or correct addresses. Basically this was a free for all.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know if the household limit still applies?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
923 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100 units on sale today at the Mint at 12 noon EST

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...-sale-aug-12
Edited by GMS5
08/12/2020 09:13 am
Valued Member
United States
452 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TheInfinityPoint, its worse than household limits. If you have ordered the coin before your order will be rejected. So that is one per account/household.

So I guess you could just sign up a family member or make a second account though and get it shipped to a different address.
Page: of 106 Previous TopicReplies: 1,581 / Views: 98,067Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05