Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75
Pillar of the Community
United States
803 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what to think. I got the order acknowledgement email and they took my money from the bank but it's sitting in processing and no order confirmation yet.. maybe they are rushing the ones that are express shipping and my free shipping is in cue?

Fairly certain the mint can't ever make everyone happy. If they made enough for everyone to get it that wanted it, it wouldn't be worth even the $65.95 they were selling it for, if they do this and there isn't enough supply to meet demand they upset people that didn't get one also.

In my opinion, and just an opinion, there's been a whole lot of loser products put up by them over the years, lots of "collectibles" people bought that just don't hold up and at least make back what people paid for them. I'm sure people complained about that also "oh great, something else I have to spend $50 on that will be worth $20 next week". There's plenty of series they could have done this to that would have messed up people somehow but people want rarities occasionally, something to chase for, and the SAE series has the 1995W already that is unattainable by a lot of collectors unless they hit a lotto or something.
They could have done it as a burnished or a proof or something like that but by doing it ERP it isn't a necessity to a regular proof set or a burnished set. Its only a necessity to a completist, and in my honest opinion a completist is going to buy it if its $2000 or more just like the 1995W because they have to have them all and already committed to that expensive 95W.

Just my thoughts on it. I hope my order don't get cancelled. I didn't buy it to flip it. I bought it because I know I can't afford it on the secondary market if I didnt get it from the mint and I was so happy with the pride of 2 nations ERP I really wanted this one bad for my collection also. If it gets cancelled by the mint I'll be disappointed of course but life goes on, I'll get over it, it won't be the first time I've faced disappointment or the worst case of it. Hahaha.

Good chance that peoples cards get declined, people's multiple order get caught, bad mailing addresses,ect. and more become available and they open up limited sales in the next few days. I think it was around 7:30AM EST. if they do it until they are gone again. If people missed out, they might want to set it on notification and check it at 7:30 for the next few days and maybe get lucky and hit on those.
A lot of ifs, but hey you never know it's worth a shot.
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not expect the prices for the 2019 S ERP to approach the prices of the 1995 W because the 1995 W will continue to be harder to find even though the 2019 S has a lower mintage. The 1995 W was part of a five coin Gold set, and I suspect many are hesitant to break up those sets as indicated by the number of Graded proof 70 1995 W census data.
The US Mint produced a substantial number of 2019 W ERP coins that graded Proof 70, and I expect the same with the 2019 S coins, thus the Proof 70 coins will not be as rare as the 1995 W coins, thus the reason I expect the retail pricing for the 2019 S to be much lower than the 1995 W of similar grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5842 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll add that the lines at Baltimore were insane at the US Mint stand since they had them there. 4hr lines at one point
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll add that the lines at Baltimore were insane at the US Mint stand since they had them there. 4hr lines at one point

Were you able to get one?

Was anyone else there and were you able to get one.

Wonder how long before people started lining up?
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i experienced all the same oops pages & pages not loading & even had to sign in several times, but after five minutes I was done. I wasn't too keen on doing this anyway, but knowing in advance that was going to be the likely outcome I prepared Plan B.

after I bailed out of the USMint's poorly-functioning website I went elsewhere and bought about a dozen old Lincoln wheat cents and a few bullion silver eagles, and I also tended to my holiday exchange pkg.

so the USMint did not get any money from me today. I still end up happy, but cast serious stink-eye at the mint.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow pretty stressful reading of these last few pages..
I was on the USMint site viewing the coins page at 11:59 with it stating coin available at 12 noon, as soon as 12 noon came I hit refresh got the page put it in my bag..opps..refresh..continue to check out..refresh..entering cc #..refresh...confirm order..refresh..refresh..re-entered cc #..refresh 3 or 4 more time..finally got order # at 9:08am PST
After reading Big-Ks above post about order acknowledgment, I checked my gmail..got the same acknowledgment in my "primary" section at 9:09am PST and "further confirmation to come within 24 hours"...Then decided to check my "promotions" section and at 10:42am PST got my confirmation #

Most stressful 12 hours in such a long time

Congrats to those who got one...sorry to hear about the collectors who didn't

Edited by Greasy Fingers
11/14/2019 11:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same exact story here greasy....but hey, at least I got one!
Helen Keller could find a DDO easier than me
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my confirmation at 9:07 am PST, but I wasted a lot of time trying to understand why I could not confirm my order. Then I finally noticed a paragraph with a lot of legal stuff with a small square button in front. I checked the small square and my order was processed.
Don't remember needing to do that when I ordered my Pride of two nations sets a few months ago.
Yesterday I confirmed that I had PayPal set up on my US Mint profile, and I confirmed that PayPal had my credit card info correctly. However, when I went to check out on the US Mint, there was No PayPal option and the US Mint had my credit card info except for the security numbers (I was surprised by this).
Yes it was a stressful and unusual check out process but my order is being processed which is all that really matters :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@dave...you always have to check the "I agree" box. Been that way for a while now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
803 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That you Greasy Fingers! I just checked my promotions section of Gmail and the confirmation was there I got no alert or anything. So I am confirmed. Cool!
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad to see a number of other members were able to score one; good job, y'all, nice grab!

for me, this coin goes on the 'must-have (at some unknown point in the future)' list, along with the 95-W proof (and much else).
Edited by MrPink2018
11/15/2019 04:07 am
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received a shipping notice last night. I can finally breathe.
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my shipping notice also

Does anyone know what ASE Proofs were released in 2019. I think this makes five for me (W, Congratulations Set S, Two Nations US and Canada, and Reverse S) am I missing any? Did they release the proof ASE in any other packaging?
Edited by jaxenro
11/15/2019 06:38 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked standard shipping it will probably be at least 2 weeks for me. When you get yours post pictures!
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lunch Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just now on sale again. I got one!
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05