Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 78
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I have many questions here since I've never had to encapsulate a coin.

1. On the Service Group, Should I pick US standard or Us gold shield?

2. On the Genuine Service, should I pick the genuine with detail or without?

3. On the Service Level and Coin details, don't know what to pick here....

Any help is appreciated!

Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Surprised no shipped emails yet

Go back a few pages and you'll see people reporting shipping confirmation. Like mine, which I received Thursday night.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have many questions here since I've never had to encapsulate a coin.

The first question is do you want the COA graded as well which will also put the cert number on the label?

Quote:
1. On the Service Group, Should I pick US standard or Us gold shield?

You can use either one. The Gold Shield is 5 dollars more a coin and gets you the TrueView picture of the coin

Quote:

2. On the Genuine Service, should I pick the genuine with detail or without?

Most people do with, it shouldnt be an issue for this eagle

Quote:
3. On the Service Level and Coin details, don't know what to pick here....

If you want the COA graded as well this will be different, but you can use a couple different ones here.

You can do modern and value the coin at $300, but if on the once in a blue moon chance something happened to it your compensation would be limited to $300 dollars.

or

You can use regular and value it at like the $800 some sold for.

or

If you wanted it done quicker you could do the upgrade and use express
Fire A.J. Preller
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YNumismetals Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
can someone walk me through the COA dual encapsulation tier? how would I mark it on the submission form?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
can someone walk me through the COA dual encapsulation tier? how would I mark it on the submission form?

https://www.PCGS.com/news/PCGS-anno...sulation-coa

The big thing is you have to ship them the unopened box from the mint.

You use the other tier and "Reverse Proof COA" as the tier. I usually write a note on the sheet too to make sure after all the coins are listed
Fire A.J. Preller
Edited by basebal21
11/16/2019 3:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jouett, you're welcome! Really glad to hear you gave it that 2nd shot and it worked out for you to get one of these. To be fair, I got that tip about 7:30AM and the mint from people here on this forum (they know who they are ;D ) and have tried it in the past and knew if they have extras they'd do it then each day until they sell out completely, although each day it's gonna get harder and harder because they will have fewer and fewer left to sell.

I can't take all the credit for it, I just put it out there and hammered it home a couple times hoping people would give it a shot and more people from this forum would get some of the remainders and not so many disappointed people on here.

Really happy for you and they others that were able to snag one on Friday morning!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9232 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine shipped today and is scheduled for delivery 11/22.
ANA #R3154474
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question to the most seasoned coin collectors here: Knowing that this coin can be considered as a "rare" coin due to the limited mintage...
1.Can it actually be considered rare?
2. Value is driven by speculation first but the mintage amount also adds to that value. So based on this, the coin is reselling at a range between $500-$2000, depending if its certified or not and whats the PR (69,70). Now, there are some coin collectors that say that after the hype, the coin value will actually decrease which I tend to think otherwise.
3. Could the value of the coin reach to similar heights as the 1995 W proof or not?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1.Can it actually be considered rare?

In the truest sense no, but in terms of the ASE series it is the lowest mintage by far overall.

Quote:
3. Could the value of the coin reach to similar heights as the 1995 W proof or not?

Could it yes, I don't see it though. The real big value is for the 70s for the 95. There will be many more 70s on this than the 95. Back then most of the coins had to survive a decade or more before grading as grading ASEs wasn't popular, now many will go straight to the TPGs. The quality of production also wasn't as good then. That said the value for 70's could rise with poor grading but while a value could it's unlikely the next 95-W.

It's unlikely this will be less than a few hundred though as a base.
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Basebal and I usually don't agree but I agree with what he said.
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To those here, in the know, About how many ASE'S are struck per die.? Thanks. Let me be more precise, Making 30,000 of these coins, I am wondering if the Mint used more then say 2 sets of dies, if that? I am thinking that if they did use one set, the result may be the tail end of the lot would NOT be as crisp as the first half. Looking to see, answers of those "in the know", and their thoughts, Thanks

I'm re-posting Morgan's dads question with the hope someone will be able to answer it? Very legitimate question which I'm also curious about. I recall reading how often the mint changes out dyes on another thread some time ago so I'm sure there are some here that know.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just tried checking the US Mint site again at 7:30 ET, looks like it's all over...
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have an answer to how many coins are struck per die pair for proof coins. Generally speaking they use a die pair until the coins are unacceptable then they refinish the die or replace it.

With proof dies they don't refinish it that I'm aware of if something happens and the coins become unacceptable. It's replaced.

Also I'm not sure how many die pairs they start with (how many presses they used to make them) at San Francisco.

Difficult question to answer really. I'd think San Francisco could use more than one proof die pair at a time to strike coins. I'd think this question could only be answered by the San Francisco mint as it relates specifically to this coin striking. I'd think they couldn't do all 30K from one die pair alone, but if they use 1, 2, 5,10, or all 20 presses to pound out this edition is what's unknown.

They have the secured die room, I'd think a FOIA request with the right questions might result in some answers. Like how many die pairs they inventoried for the 2019S ERP silver eagle, how long they struck them, I dunno.
I don't think they would assign it to one machine to do all 30K because it would take a while.

Since all dies are made at Philadelphia maybe the answer is there on how many dies they made for Sanfrancisco... but I'm not sure if the die finishing happens at philadelphia or sanfrancisco, because if it happens at San Francisco then they just got SAE dies to strike whatever and finishing was done at San fran.

Difficult question. It's proofs though, much higher quality control I don't think there will be any die pair issues regardless of how many pairs they used. Proofs rarely had a problem.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
11/17/2019 09:04 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is still "processing"...
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got my shipping email this morning but tracking number doesn't work yet
Page: of 78  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05