Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 78
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the same boat. I saw the credit card charge and my order is still processing but considering my number is 8000 later than some of you I'll be one of the last ones. But I'm not selling nor slabbing just going to drool (hopefully not on the coin) , so what does a few days difference make.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is on the way. It's expected Saturday, but will likely be here around Wednesday.

Then it's a debate over when I stick it in an air tite.
Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally got the shipment notice
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My order wasn't placed until the following day so will prolly be a while before I get shipment confirmation and then actually receive it. So long as those first two steps happen then I'm good. More than likely won't be submitting mine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just tried checking the US Mint site again at 7:30 ET, looks like it's all over...

Just checked on the US mint site and it says

We are currently out of this item, but more may be available later. Provide your email using the "REMIND ME" button and we will let you know when we are taking orders again.

Not sold out, so there maybe a few out there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1769 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my order is finally showing as shipped!! SWEET!! now I hope it arrives with no damage (crossing my fingers)
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just checked on the US mint site and it says

We are currently out of this item, but more may be available later. Provide your email using the "REMIND ME" button and we will let you know when we are taking orders again.

Not sold out, so there maybe a few out there.

Yup, still a possibility. Though with only 30k minted the qty and number of days it becomes available will probably be far less than other mint products that have sold out in the past. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did on Friday. If it does pop up again it will probably go as quickly as it did on Saturday.
Edited by wyzeguy
11/17/2019 8:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
922 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the ones who didn't get one, and there are many, I would urge you to FLOOD their call center @ 1-800-872-6468, and voice your opinion. This isn't the first time we COLLECTORS just want to acquire ONE for our collection, only to be HIGHLY disappointed. Tell them to start up the coin press and mint enough to satisfy demand. I for one have have enough with the United States Mint!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yup, still a possibility. Though with only 30k minted the qty and number of days it becomes available will probably be far less than other mint products that have sold out in the past. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did on Friday. If it does pop up again it will probably go as quickly as it did on Saturday.

It probably won't happen again once they're all shipped. They're still working through orders right now and canceling from credit cards double orders etc. Someone would have to be borderline crazy to return one of these which is usually the big feeder of the extra sales
Fire A.J. Preller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Someone would have to be borderline crazy to return one of these...

"Borderline crazy" kinda captures the essence of the modern collector, so I'm going to say you'd have to be completely crazy to return one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Someone would have to be borderline crazy to return one of these which is usually the big feeder of the extra sales

I was under the impression, by what someone else posted on another thread, that the Mint didn't re-sell returns.
Edited by wyzeguy
11/17/2019 10:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"Borderline crazy" kinda captures the essence of the modern collector, so I'm going to say you'd have to be completely crazy to return one.

I was trying to be nice Really you should have to be evaluated if you return something you can sell for several hundred more if you don't want it.

Quote:

I was under the impression, by what someone else posted on another thread, that the Mint didn't re-sell returns.

They do especially on popular products that sold out, thats why you see them pop up again weeks later sometimes. They also blow out inventory at a big discount to the big big boys instead of paying to destroy it.

What they claim is that they never resell returned products. Many people believe that isn't actually the case though myself included based off of experiences with some returns for replacement.
Fire A.J. Preller
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***
37 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even your coin is not perfect or damaged and you want to return, you might only get money refunded for this coin. I don't think that the mint will keep enough spares for returns. ^^
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those that ordered on Thursday I think your order will go through unless there is a problem with your card or something. Reason being is they sold more on friday, sat, sun which should mean they supplis they had met the Thursdays orders. Even open for less than a minute on Sunday should mean that Saturday was fine also.

I don't know the criteria for their "1 per household limit" but I have to imagine some people did this wrong and tied up stock that is getting caught and released to new buyers and they won't be getting the multiples they ordered.

If you didn't get one I'd still be checking at 7:30AM daily until they mark it sold out or it stops opening up each day... and be prepared to move quick.

Page: of 78 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05