Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pinehurst now wants $799 - up from $599 two days ago

Someone on YouTube said it was Pinehurst that was going around and buying up all the coins on eBay when they were first pre-selling in the $300-$400 range. I initially thought it was Mike Mezack from HSN.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received an email from Pinehurst on 11/14 (original day of sale) that they would give me $221 ($150 quick profit) for my 2019 S if I committed in the first 24 hours.

Looks like Pinehurst is making a a bunch of money off of this coin if they are selling it for $800 ($580 Profit)
Edited by dave92029
11/18/2019 11:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2889 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
basebal21, Do you happen to know what the charges are for the PCGS Slabbed coin & serial number also has another slab dedicated for the COA, numbered too. Wondering what options and charges are, Thanks if you know. I have graded 2 coins once, ANACS. Never did I think I would think about slabbing This coin........I have shifted my thought process about the goals and such with My collection, started 1963. I'd like to see what's involved, with the iron being Hot for certainly, Not just another coin, JMO. I also think the signed COA, will certainly have its own Sweet value, Alone or together, Winners ( Together, People could basically set the asking price, or certainly help. ).
Pillar of the Community
United States
808 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  06:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wyzeguy said "This whole issue of to grade or not becomes one of a personal preference or what your plans are for the coin. I only mentioned the odds of getting a signed COA because it's been brought up more than a few times. Slightly more than 99.6% will not get one so maybe best not to factor that into your decision on whether to have it graded or not."

I'm not a fan of 99.6% chance of not getting one or a 0.04% of getting a signed certificate.

I like looking at it as a 1:300 odds to get one, It's sounds more hopeful. Probably why the lotteries do it this way lol.
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking for opinions or knowledge...

I plan to submit mine when it arrives but unsure if I should sign up for one year membership with PCGS and submit on my own, or see if a local dealer will submit it for me.

If I submit on my own I pay the membership fee $79 + shipping + grading/processing/labeling fees.

OTOH if I submit through a dealer I pay grading/processing/labeling fees, possibly some shipping and maybe a dealer fee. And I get to go to a local dealer which I haven't done in a long time.

It sounds to me like submitting on my own will be at least $79 more than with a dealer.

Is there any advantage to submitting the ASE myself vs through a dealer?
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  07:31 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They were available again this morning, but for less than a minute.
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It was alot of peeps on, I click add to cart it wouldn't let go there, it came back to remind me.
I just notice it add it to cart will mint let me use that one or they going to delete and make me do it over
Edited by Reno32
11/19/2019 07:41 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1252 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wornslick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was on the website this morning, got one in my cart but never got to the checkout screen. So frustrating!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2141 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was reading the thread this morning and realized it was almost 7:30 eastern time. Logged on and when I refreshed saw it was available. Immediately started hitting the buy button. After about 8 clicks it went into checkout. When I got there it said unavailable.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
808 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. It was active again for seconds. Not sure the best way to go about it maybe an autofill program to get on even footing. Maybe they are just faster, I dunno. Not many left by now that's for sure.

It's a long shot of course, but has anyone tried to call them between 8AM and Midnight M-F to get a live person? Curious if you called at like 11:30pm and enquired by phone about any stock and explain a really slow Internet connection or non existent Internet or computer ect. Maybe they sell you one for the next days releases that freed up by phone instead. I mean this for people that haven't gotten one and still chasing to get one of course.

Probably would take some smooth talking though lol. You should be able to order anything over the phone though if it's available in stock even if the website doesn't show it open to order.

Might be worth a shot. Worst they can do is say "nope".

Edited by Big-Kingdom
11/19/2019 07:50 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1252 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wornslick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be glad when they sell out, I am tired of getting up early for nothing. Yes, I am a little bitter.
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably would take some smooth talking though lol. You should be able to order anything over the phone though if it's available in stock even if the website doesn't show it open to order.

Might be worth a shot. Worst they can do is say "nope".

Thought I could get some smooth talk in, LOL got a man said nope , but I did found out that I can use the one in cart.
Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone actually received the coin? Pictures?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2031 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is on the truck and out for delivery today .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10143 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did someone post what the total charges are for grading on this coin with COA holder and everything? I know there are options like photo, returning OGP and all.

Quote:
o $80-100 for most ways
o 110-130ish for express
o if you want any of the special stuff for them. $16-40 depending if you go modern/regular standard/gold shield
o if you just submit it normally as part of another submission, you won't get any of the special stuff though
o OGP comes back free from PCGS NGC should be another $3

Thanks for the info, basebal21. I think you left out some punctuation so I made a guess. I think someone else asked too so reposting your reply with Carriage Returns where I thought punctuation was missing... please correct me if I'm wrong.
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05