Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 83
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just a minor correction - PCGS basic membership is $69. I just joined about 6 weeks ago.

You're right, thanks for catching that.

Quote:
By doing it yourself you don't have to worry about getting scammed, the dealer going out of business, having coins switched on you etc. It's one thing if you have a long standing relationship with a good dealer, it's another to try with a random one.

I always do it myself. I don't want them sending in some too and saying mine is always the 69 etc.

If you have any other coins you'd submitt in the next year or some you were thinking about, the 8 voucher membership is the best deal

Yeah, I was wondering if there is anything to prevent a dealer from pulling a scam. But when you hand them a sealed box doesn't seem like there is anything other than trust them. This will be the only coin I've ever submitted, and don't see submitting another in the near future. Usually if I want a slabbed coin I just buy it that way, but I don't see this ERP ASE in a slab being under $400-$500 any time soon, not with a 30k mintage. And I do want the COA number on the coins slab so that would add to it.

I gotta think about this.

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1590 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This may have been addressed and I just missed it, but there seems to be some confusion on how to describe this coin. I see a lot of people referring to the coin as an "Enhanced Reverse" Proof. I don't think REVERSE is being used correctly. Isn't the reverse design of the coin the same as all of the other Silver Eagles? If you were going to put anything in quotation marks it seem to me it should be Enhanced "Reverse Proof" referring to the frosted fields and polished devises.

In this case the word Reverse isn't referring to the back of the coin. It's referring to the reverse proof process. Right?
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
694 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They haven't shipped mine yet but my friends at work arrived today.

So pretty
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12781 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As far as I am aware, this is the first time they are certifying the COAs because the certificates are numbered, and they are only certifying them in a "dual submission" for people that want the COA number on the coin holder. I think the point is unless you submit them both at the same time in mint sealed packaging, they will consider it tampered with and not put the COA number on the coin. If you want the certificate authenticated for the signature then you would go to a signature authenticator and get them to certify it as genuine and do whatever they do to preserve it. PCGS won't unless they are submitted together in sealed mint packaging to prove at least to them that the coin and the COA were shipped out together and not tampered with and then both pieces get the matching cert numbers, and that they did in fact come together in the box from the mint as a set.

Exactly. Once the box is open they won't do anything with the COA anymore but PSA/DNA probably would.

Quote:
Is there anyone else cynical about a grading company, being entrusted with Our unopened packages, to be totally honest, I am NOT trusting of policies like this. I too will seek to possibly have my coins graded, just NOT under those conditions

There's nothing to be concerned about people send them things that way all the time. It's all under video anyways just like everything they do. Won't even be the first time this year. It's pretty standard for them to require that on things like this.

Quote:
Yeah, I was wondering if there is anything to prevent a dealer from pulling a scam. But when you hand them a sealed box doesn't seem like there is anything other than trust them. This will be the only coin I've ever submitted, and don't see submitting another in the near future. Usually if I want a slabbed coin I just buy it that way, but I don't see this ERP ASE in a slab being under $400-$500 any time soon, not with a 30k mintage. And I do want the COA number on the coins slab so that would add to it.

The only thing that really stops them is their own morals or the threat of a lawsuit which would be more expensive. The other thing to for this is since you want the COA number, if the dealer decides to open the box to ship it cheaper or see if you have a signed COA etc then you've lost that ability.

If you were going to use a dealer I would do it like this. I'd show up with your package already in another box and basically tell the dealer you would like to use their account to submit and just need a forum filled out. That you'll pay for the shipping to and from and handle shipping it out and to have your address put as the return address for that submission and maybe offer like 5-10 bucks for their time filling out the sheet.
Fire A.J. Preller
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see ebay bidding auction listings on the raw coins are coming close to $900. Wonder how long it will go up and how much. Also have to wonder are these being bought at these prices by collectors or are they speculators hoping they can flip at a profit.
Edited by misfit
11/19/2019 3:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
897 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pinehurst is now up to $899 - $300 more than 3 days ago. Is the market overheating?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10143 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In this case the word Reverse isn't referring to the back of the coin. It's referring to the reverse proof process. Right?

That is correct, though I think in all/most cases where "reverse proof" is used, you can be sure it is the process. You would never have a coin where only the reverse is in a proof finish (enhanced or otherwise) and not the obverse.
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So my coin arrived today looks great

Question: is this a signed COA or just a mechanical signature?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12781 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Whats the number
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
United States
641 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that's just the standard mechanical signature that's on all of them. The same one I've seen on all the eBay listings as well.

I hope someone ( multiple actually) from CCF get one. That'd be way cool!
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jaxenro, unfortunately it's the facsimile signature that's printed. If it's signed by him it will have two signatures on it. the printed one, and then his personal one nearby.
At least that's what I read that he said he did.

Plus it's only certificates 00001 - 00100 or however the format the low numbers.
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worries I really wanted the coin the COA is just fluff to me

# 06283
Edited by jaxenro
11/19/2019 5:06 pm
Learn More...
United States
79288 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They haven't shipped mine yet but my friends at work arrived today.
Excellent!

Quote:
Nice! And there's that little "s" on the back causing all this ruckus
Pillar of the Community
United States
2031 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received mine today! It is still unopened. I think this may be the first coin I have ever had graded.

However, I really want to open it now!
Edited by Connor
11/19/2019 5:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10143 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats, jaxenro!

Mine is "shipped" but FedEx delivery date is still pending.
Page: of 83  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05