Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In 1995 there were 3 ASEs issued:

Bullion
P Proof
W Proof

No burnished.

So I'm assuming the P-proof was released by itself. Was the W-proof part of a set or a single coin release? I'm just trying to gauge the similarities and differences with this years Enhanced Reverse Proof.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12578 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only similarity is the mintage. The 95 w was released in part of an AGE set so you had to buy almost two ounces of gold to get it. A significant number of people that bought that set either didn't care about the ASE or cared a lot more about the gold. Very few if any at the time were buying the set for just the ASE like you would see happen today.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is this coin the same enhanced reverse proof as the one in the pride of two nations set?

No. The ASE in the Pride of Two Nations set has a West Point mint mark. These are minted in San Francisco.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10109 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has there been any talk of PM dealers offering bounties on this one yet?

This is going to be a mad rush.
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to pass, but I might get it, low mintage, and if some one wants to pay more for it. I have no issues getting one to sell.
Pillar of the Community
United States
788 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"I was going to pass, but I might get it"

You're going to have to have a more decisive attitude on 11/14 @ 12EST to get this one
Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a month to decide. Getting it just entails logging on at 11:59 and adding it to the cart :)::
Pillar of the Community
United States
768 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The P Proof was the one that came in the little case, sold by itself. The W proof was part of the 10th anniversary set with the 4 gold coins and then the silver eagle.

That 10th anniversary set was out of the price range for many collectors even collectors of silver eagles. I think a lot of the sets that got sold were sold to gold collectors or to bullion dealers, and yeah they probably didn't care that much about the silver eagle in the set early on. The price is what it is because it wasn't in the collectors of ASE hands.

I could see this selling for a similar price as the 1995W, however, I can also see all of these 30K going to SAE collectors and not dealers right out the gate, and that has to have an effect on the demand for it, and so the value on the secondary market. There still a lot of unbroken 10th anniversary sets out there for like $5000. It pretty much makes the 1995W SAE inaccessible for a lot of people, I guess a 4 coin gold eagle set must be around $3000, so then the eagle of the set is like $2000, somewhere around there.

Seems crazy to me the 1995W would be so high, and then this 2019S ERP not be in the neighboring ball park, but I guess if more than half of the 30K 5 coin 10th anniversary sets are still intact, that would make a difference for availability of just that 1995W SAE for collectors that aren't interested in the gold.

Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
look at the date wrong sooy
Edited by Reno32
10/14/2019 1:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What was the price of the 95-w set when it first came out?
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here you go, wyzeguy:

https://www.PCGS.com/news/the-1995w...silver-eagle

an informative read.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12578 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I could see this selling for a similar price as the 1995W, however, I can also see all of these 30K going to SAE collectors and not dealers right out the gate, and that has to have an effect on the demand for it, and so the value on the secondary market.

Dealers won;t get as many as they want, but they will get a significant percentage of these as they always do. They will all be trying to get it, the big places will be having all hands on deck trying, and many will have buy offers were people can immediately flip them to them for a profit.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10109 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to attempt to get 2 but will be happy with one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as mintage, only a difference of 125 between this one and the 95-w. Obviously the mint is going to produce more than 30k. Is there anything preventing them from actually selling more than the stated mintage?
Edited by wyzeguy
10/15/2019 3:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1362 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For coins with maximum mintages, they typically produce more than the maximum. When they do, they eventually destroy the extras. I don't ever recall them releasing the extras. I don't see a reason why this would be any different.
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05