Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 78
Pillar of the Community
United States
1396 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys, The FedEx Smartpost service is not at all representative of FedEx Ground service. We use both FedEx and UPS in my business. Both are typically 4 days east to west coast.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FedEx smartpost is fedex ground service until the last leg. They're easily the worst. USP smart post packages are getting delivered left and right meanwhile the FedEx ones would be moving faster on a Segway
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a link to an un-boxing on YouTube. The most interesting comment he makes is that he feels the TPG won't really pay attention to the box itself when they receive your coin. He opened his from the side and puts it back together and felt that would still be good enough to send in. Interesting. How do you all feel about that? Anyone ever try it?

MxV-OS4OgpM
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the photos guys, now I know what I'm waiting for.
First Fedex showed my estimated delivery date on 11/19, then pushed back to 11/22 and it's been sitting in Olathe,KS for over 24 hrs and fedex shows delivery on 11/29...
Gives me plenty of time to fill out PCGS form correctly..Thanks basebal21 and everyone else who has posted here...
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
FedEx smartpost is fedex ground service until the last leg. They're easily the worst. USP smart post packages are getting delivered left and right meanwhile the FedEx ones would be moving faster on a Segway

Don't know how much I agree with this considering when I have had packages shipped to me via Fedex Ground they've gone to one or two different distribution centers near me before delivery compared to Smartpost that always seems to go to one distribution center as its last stop before USPS.

With that said, UPS is much better for me with regards to receiving ground packages, however Fedex beats UPS for overnight/express packages (when it absolutely positively has to be there overnight).
Edited by mrpapageorgio
11/21/2019 9:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After how close I came to not getting one at all, I'm just happy mine has a tracking # and is heading my way, no matter (within reason) how long it takes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My coin was 5 miles away at the Fedex Smartpost sort facility this morning and then they decided to ship it 120 miles away and right now it is sitting in Chicago

My last order with the Mint a few months ago was shipped by Fedex Smartpost and it was actually delivered by a Fedex driver vs. a postal worker like in the past.
Edited by jack jeckel
11/21/2019 11:00 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't know how much I agree with this considering when I have had packages shipped to me via Fedex Ground they've gone to one or two different distribution centers near me before delivery compared to Smartpost that always seems to go to one distribution center as its last stop before USPS.

Ground is faster as there isn't the handoff, but the packages go through the same distribution network there isn't a separate network for smartpost. It's like media mail, other stuff gets put on the trucks first and it's slower but there isn't a separate network. So for all intensive purposes Smartpost is ground service aside from the handoff and cases like the package being 5 miles away then sent over a 100 miles away are a Fedex flaw in general not just a smartpost issue
Fire A.J. Preller
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it would have paid to go to Baltimore...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...254424984007

currently at $9000
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
he most interesting comment he makes is that he feels the TPG won't really pay attention to the box itself when they receive your coin. He opened his from the side and puts it back together and felt that would still be good enough to send in. Interesting. How do you all feel about that?
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
guess it would have paid to go to Baltimore...

currently at $9000

Wow, I remember that listing. He started his auction at around the $3k range if I recall. I didn't think he'd get any bids since there were others selling for less.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10142 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess it would have paid to go to Baltimore...

currently at $9000

...and the listing says he has 40 of them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow that listing is crazy. Cant' be real, I sense shenanigans on that. theres a bunch of 70s for $5000 or less why run that one up to $9000.00?

Received Mine yesterday. guess I got a couple weeks to figure it out unless I miss the "first strike" label, then plenty of time.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
11/22/2019 11:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Could go to 12k
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12771 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First day show pieces carry a premium just like with the baseball ones and such. You have to just compare them to other Baltimore ones if the others are the ones below 5k, I haven't had a chance to look at them today
Fire A.J. Preller
Page: of 78 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05