Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 102
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First day show pieces carry a premium just like with the baseball ones and such. You have to just compare them to other Baltimore ones if the others are the ones below 5k, I haven't had a chance to look at them today

So this would be a good example of buying the label, not the coin?

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine came in the mail 3 days early. I'm now having the internal struggle whether to grade or not to grade. I'll leave it in the box for now while I have the internal struggle what to do and pretend it's my Christmas present.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2913 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The $9,000.00 Dollar plus auction has some odd bidders. There are more then a couple that has 100% business with that seller. To me, that is odd.... Buying a coin from a show VS buying it from the Mint or any other way, does feed into the label, not the coin. IMO, That's just a TPG'S tactic to create a market, where there is NOT one. People who collect slabs, Great, People who do not, just a good, In My opinions, Your coin is worth Nothing more, because it was released at the show!! Really....... Enjoy the ripping off of people, That's Exactly what it is..... What ever happened to Buy the Coin, NOT the slab.?
Pillar of the Community
United States
901 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far, prices are holding up. There have been around 1,000 listings on eBay with many added each day, but also many coins are being purchased. Once all coins have been received - either directly from the Mint or via TPG companies, prices will go either way but imho not remain where they are. Let's hope they go up further. :)
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone make an argument (besides some people would pay more if I decided to sell) for a first/early releases label for this coin and paying the extra $10? If I submit it, it's going to NGC. I like the SF Trolley Car label and think that looks neat, but I don't get the point of early releases designation for this coin considering they sold out the first weekend. It's not like a normal proof eagle that's sold throughout the year where this might have some significance.
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm now having the internal struggle whether to grade or not to grade. I'll leave it in the box for now while I have the internal struggle what to do and pretend it's my Christmas present.

Just received my eagle and although I did not plan to have it graded (I've never submitted a coin before), it remains sealed in the box. At first I was just concerned about it getting here, I have had packages opened and stolen by postal employees.

I would love to have it graded and come back a 70, but what are the chances? Pretty good? I also do not put 100% of my trust in any company, especially a company that takes thousands upon thousands of dollars from dealers but are only getting less than $100 from me.

Now that it's safe and sound, do I really want to send it back out and put my trust in the grading company and then worry about it coming back again?

What to do, what to do? I really want to open it but will leave it as is until I figure this out.

Ugh
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12948 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's just a TPG'S tactic to create a market, where there is NOT one.

100% fallacy.

First and foremost the TPGS DO NOT create any market. They provide a service, they are not involved in the market in any way other than that.

Also the thing that many people don't seem to realize is that many of the things that they do in regards to labeling coins such as the COA numbers or where it was purchased are in response to requests that they get. It's good that they listen to the market and their customers and expand their descriptions to meet the desire.

The market for these absolutely does exist. It has been proven for several years now that show label coins can and do sell for more than non show label. What that premium is varies, but there is generally a premium. People don't have to like it or partake in it, but to deny it's existence just isn't accurate.

Quote:
Enjoy the ripping off of people, That's Exactly what it is.....

The market gets to decide fair prices not you nor I. If that's what the market shows they sell for than that's their fair price. There's plenty of people that get ripped off especially when they're selling, but letting the market determine a price isn't one of them.

Quote:
So this would be a good example of buying the label, not the coin?

It's buying the coin and the story of it. Some people like the ones from shows better or like the story behind a show release better others couldn't care. If we all liked the same things no one but the whales would be able to afford any of it.

Quote:
Can someone make an argument (besides some people would pay more if I decided to sell) for a first/early releases label for this coin and paying the extra $10?

That really is the major reason too, more liquid generally higher selling price that is more than the cost of getting it. The other reason would be the special label as opposed to a plain one if you have to do it for the special label.

Quote:
I also do not put 100% of my trust in any company, especially a company that takes thousands upon thousands of dollars from dealers but are only getting less than $100 from me.

100% non factor. They're multimillion dollar international businesses which are expanding and are built on expertise and trust. They don't steal collector's coins because you don't submit enough. Again EVERYTHING in their facilities where submissions are opened/handled/graded etc are under video surveillance. If you send it in barring a freak accident or lost in the mail you'll get it back as long as you are using a reputable service PCGS/NGC/ANACS/ICG. If you use a basement slabber all bets are off
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4814 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can someone make an argument (besides some people would pay more if I decided to sell) for a first/early releases label for this coin and paying the extra $10? If I submit it, it's going to NGC. I like the SF Trolley Car label and think that looks neat, but I don't get the point of early releases designation for this coin considering they sold out the first weekend. It's not like a normal proof eagle that's sold throughout the year where this might have some significance.

Same with any one day sellout..but...dealing with a potential four figure coin I wouldn't quibble over adding ten bucks to the kitty...some collectors only collect Early Release/First Strike coins.

If it was a $60 value coin I might think differently but ANY coins (modern) I submit I include the ER fee

Will it add value to a $1000 coin? Probably not BUT it won't eliminate any buyers either
Pillar of the Community
United States
2913 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who decided to make a label stating First Strike, FDOI, Early Release, ETC, It was NOT any collectors, it was the TPG'S. A Fallacy, HA, I see the collecting World up close, If you want a coin, with a label on it, Go for it, The TPG'S have all to gain. Why are their services based on the "value " of the coin, the EXACT same service is given, to a coin valued at $200.00 and a $2,000.00 dollar coin? It is a service that has also drawn Another label , CAC, to also be involved, So, A person sends their coin to the TPG'S to have it authenticated and graded and Another company, which I am sure have connections to each other, Also Certify the first label is Authentic, Really!! People are, IMO, Label Collectors, IF people are not seeing that, all is lost. Back in say the pre label days, all the weight was placed on the coin, It should Always be the coin. No Arguments here, just My Opinions...... PS, Received another fulfillment package Today, Another Enhanced Reverse Proof ASE...... I also wish everyone who were able to order this coin, Best Wishes to all......
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12948 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why are their services based on the "value " of the coin, the EXACT same service is given, to a coin valued at $200.00 and a $2,000.00 dollar coin?

Insurance and liability issues. More expensive coins also have more senior graders which cost more in salary. The person grading 5 figure coins isn't also doing bulk boxes of ASEs at are like a 100 bucks even as a 70s.

Quote:
It is a service that has also drawn Another label , CAC, to also be involved, So, A person sends their coin to the TPG'S to have it authenticated and graded and Another company, which I am sure have connections to each other, Also Certify the first label is Authentic, Really!!

That is a gross misstatement and misunderstanding of what CAC actually is. CAC has no partnership with PCGS nor NGC. It is another highly respected expert opinion to identify premium coins that was intended for high end coins. Collectors yes Collectors are the ones that ended up getting it pushed into lower value coins as they wanted it and have been sending them the coins. CAC doesn't even charge collectors for coins that don't sticker and it a FANTASTIC tool to help one improve their own grading skills.

Quote:
Back in say the pre label days, all the weight was placed on the coin, It should Always be the coin.

The label is a reflection of the coin. You also left out that back in the day when you bought the coin was BU, when you sold it was magically now AU. Not to mention all the doctored coins being sold as straight graded, cleaned as unciruclated etc.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
2913 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You obviously believe what your stating, I do NOT..... Thank You for the information. Buy the Coin, NOT the label. Look at the people here on this topic alone, that do NOT trust any TPG......... I am not alone.....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4814 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it all comes down to a person believing that their opinions/feeling about a product are the same as everyone else's. I do think FS/Er is lame BUT I will get that label for future resale potential.

If you are a true collector then you collect what you choose to collect BUT do not assume every other collector is the same.

So...no set plans for future sales....dump the labels. Buying for income in the future...get the label

Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great conversation, still on the fence.

One thing though, when cameras are used in a business, it is to protect the business, not shady goings on that they may or may not be involved in.

I'm sure it has been stated that Mike M on TV is multimillion dollar international businessman built on over 20 plus years of expertise and trust. Not to mention a money back guarantee.......That does not make him legit. He still doesn't get my business.

I'm not saying that the TPGs are not trustworthy, I'm just saying it's quite possible they are not.
Edited by Taphandle
11/22/2019 4:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So apparently here's one on eBay with the signed COA. His # is in the 6000 though. I was under the impression only numbers 1-100 were signed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254428426202
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks that way. Was it explained to us wrong?

Check out that price!
Page: of 102  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05