Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
error ...sorry
Edited by dave92029
11/22/2019 6:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Velzee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I called PCGS about my declaration issue, there were ten callers in front of me, and eventually when I spoke to the customer service rep, he said that I should call back around Tuesday (or whenever I get the email that my coin is being processed) as they are very backed up and are only today opening mail from the 18th. My coin was delivered today btw
Pillar of the Community
United States
2889 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just my opinions, If people think Mike M on the TV coin network,is an upstanding collector, look again. listen to his speel. He is not speaking truthfully and along with the price gouging, He is NOT acting in the best interests of the "coin collecting " community. There are people in this collecting arena that collect for different reasons. W/E the reason, holding things out to be " the truth or facts ", is NEVER acting in the best interests of those listening, IF those facts are NOT true. I enjoy his "professional " speeches, He states He has been collecting for decades, When collector's out there have the same experiences with Numismatic facts, However the truth is NOT always spoken with him. He is in fact, doing so much business, he states he grades a million coins every year, Special labels Only He can sell, Every one of the top three TPG'S He has a special label, or two of his. Labels are IMO, A good idea for certain people. People who are investing in an income. Nothing wrong about that, I admit that there are places for them, Just not for us all,obviously people "rely" on a slab's label. My Opinion, I think the OGP'G is the best, Again, My Opinions. I am not trying to sway or direct others to not buy or use slabs. How did We all collecting for decades, before the TPG'S arrived in 1986,do without them. We did the necessary research and Still were not sure, but having a coin graded does NOT make that coin's label gospel, We all know that looking at a coin, say a MS70,most has flaws and imperfections, just look close.... Again, Not an argument, A Coin Collecting discussion..... PS, I decided to sell off one of the coins I received in the 30,000 allotment, Prices IMO, Will stay strong "longer " then usually observed, WHY , because this is one Historic released coin.........PS, I work in a B&M around me and see slabs and coinage Everyday, That's what I love about the hobby, You do not ever know, what's about to walk through the door...... PS, Average sold listings for the coin, raw from the mint, $1,100.00 It rose up from $700- $ 900.................
Pillar of the Community
United States
2889 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the topic, Total up to Today, 47 pages of Numismatic passions............. :)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12788 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If people think Mike M on the TV coin network,is an upstanding collector, look again. listen to his speel. He is not speaking truthfully and along with the price gouging

The thing is he is actually speaking truthfully though some stuff does get into a grey area, he just doesn't always tell you the whole story. Do to production costs and the cut that HSN takes his profit margins are no where near what most people think. The biggest thing really is just selling ANACS coins like they're NGC. While I wouldn't use him as a guide or probably even ever buy from him there is a huge difference between having high prices and being a scammer like the dealer that bought details coins from me to crack out and sell problem free raw. By all means warn people about the prices, but it's important that we distinguish between things we don't like and actual scams and I say that as someone who really isn't a fan as his statements about buying online give me the eye roll everytime.

The point was just that not liking someone doesn't mean they aren't legit when they deliver exactly what they say they will. It's not a secret that buying anything from tv will be more expensive.
Fire A.J. Preller
Edited by basebal21
11/22/2019 7:24 pm
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is 1-100. That one was signed by David Ryder at the Baltimore show. The signed ones from the mint are 1-100 and it's his signature and the number of the certificate not his signature and the 11/14/19 date.

you have it wrong. There are only 100 that have been signed by hand BUT the COA is not necessarily 1-100. I saw one signed that was COA 07153
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PS, I work in a B&M around me and see slabs and coinage Everyday, That's what I love about the hobby, You do not ever know, what's about to walk through the door...... PS, Average sold listings for the coin, raw from the mint, $1,100.00 It rose up from $700- $ 900.................

this one unopened seems like a good buy at this point. only one bidder and in the $900 mark

https://www.ebay.com/itm/American-E...174102194043
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive researched eBay and the raw unopened are Selling from $900-$1500.

graded 69 $1500-$2k

graded 70 $15k posted but not sold
graded 70 with signature $25k posted but not sold
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic sensation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@calradix are you sure you're not looking at one that was signed at the Baltimore show? I'm confident the original 100 signed COA's are 1-100. The rest are Baltimore Show signatures
Pillar of the Community
United States
2889 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another topic here, The thin box the fulfillment center sent the coin I first received, could easily be slid open and resealed and NO ONE would ever know. The mint's overall business is going down, Quality control, Customer Satisfaction, Product and shipping are all, sub-par. I usually order well over 50 orders per year. Free shipping, once you meet their policy, is sent out on turtles too....... They just hired a tremendous new employee team, they need help doing what they too do. ............Nothing like the products the United States Mint's produce ( except the last few years ). The link above to that eBay listing is at $900.00 and hours to go... They are bringing about $ 1,100.00........ For a $65.00 purchase, Only in America....
Pillar of the Community
United States
2889 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
basebal21, When someone holds themselves out to be an expert, It is not a far fetched notion to expect the truth, Clearly, he does NOT speak the truth, He has what some might say, a forked tongue................
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@calradix are you sure you're not looking at one that was signed at the Baltimore show? I'm confident the original 100 signed COA's are 1-100. The rest are Baltimore Show signatures

I could be wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5039 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After a runaround ride my Fedex Smartpost shipment was delivered by Fedex, not the post office.

The seam on the back of the box had clear tape on it and the side seams were a little bowed out.

Anyone else get a box that looked like it was retaped and not sealed / glued like all of the rest I have received from the mint?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1405 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think it all comes down to a person believing that their opinions/feeling about a product are the same as everyone else's. I do think FS/Er is lame BUT I will get that label for future resale potential.

I do believe that there are valid reasons for 3rd party grading, but my observation is that most seeking 3rd party graded modern coins are actually seeking validation from others and are willing to pay for it. 4th party grading (CAC, MAC) is more of the same but ultimately illustrates a lack of confidence in 3rd party grading.

As for the special labels offered by the 3rd party grading services, most are meaningless and were simply created to create more revenue for the 3rd party grading services and others selling their graded coins. Yes, I do realize people will pay more for these labels, but that doesn't mean they actually have meaning. If you can't validate what's on the label by looking at the coin, then it's meaningless. For example, a first day of issuing coin can literally be the last one struck and have the weakest strike. These labels do not represent province and we shouldn't kid ourselves that they do.
Valued Member
United States
130 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a little surprised at some of the reactions to TPG companies. I would like to add my two cents:
I have purchased many graded coins over the internet from reputable dealers and from the eBay. Purchasing a TPG coin gives me comfort that the coin is authentic and the quality meets a certain standard.
The authenticity was especially important when I was accumulation Chinese 10 Yuan Panda coins. I have learned that there are many fake versions of these coins.
It is impossible to judge quality when you can not physically examine the coin, and even sometime when you can. The TPG coins give me confidence that I will be able to sell my coins if and when I desire, without being limited to local collectors and dealers.
Some on this forum have expressed that the special labels don't add to the coins value. Value is in the eye of the purchaser. I can say that I have a preference to the Black holders rather than the usual white holders. I feel the black holder contrasts with my silver coins better, and I feel the coin looks better. Special labels are nice and I appreciate the label created for the Pride of Two Nations set. These label were provided at no extra cost and I feel it made the two coins look special.
If you don't like the special labels then you don't need to pay for them, but if you are like me with an ASE proof and burnished collection with more silver eagles than I care to count, the different labels do make the collection more interesting IMHO.
To me the primary benefit of the TPG coins that I have is that when I pass, my heirs can more easily sell my collection, because they will have an easier time knowing what I left them.
Edited by dave92029
11/22/2019 10:21 pm
Page: of 85  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05