Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How can one get 2, isn't per household? You would need 2 addresses?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10113 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How can one get 2, isn't per household? You would need 2 addresses?

Yes, or a friend or family member willing to do you a favor.
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might have to ask my brother :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
531 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like even getting lucky to have your transaction go through without getting timed out is going to be a challenge with this release.
Learn More...
United States
78501 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good thing I am not an ASE collector and already have a reverse proof ASE in the Pride of Two Nations set.

By the way, I think that is the best reverse proof execution yet. I hope this one comes out just as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thing that I don't like is that they're actually lowering the possible number of complete sets. That's not a good thing when it comes to the longevity of the series. If they were so inclined to have such a low mintage, it would have been nice if they would have set the maximum mintage at 30,125.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10113 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Technically that's true but with the 95W Proof being almost exactly the same mintage as the 19S ERP (as you pointed out), I don't see that they're impacting things all that much. A delta of 125 on 30k is background noise (0.4%).

And I don't think it's a stretch at all to state that there are not 30k complete ASE sets out there now, nor will there ever be anywhere close to that number. There are 76 95W on eBay right now and who knows how many in coin shops or pawn shops.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're right. I'm just thinking that whoever decided on the 30k limit didn't really consider those who are trying to complete the series or keep it complete. It's likely that a sizable portion of the 95-W's are in the hands of investors (actually speculators) who have absolutely no intention of completing the series. Add those coins to the ones that are for sale and I'd be surprised if there are currently over 20k complete sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I get 1 or 2 I'm not going to complete a set. I'm buying so I can sell if it goes crazy priced.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10113 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm just thinking that whoever decided on the 30k limit didn't really consider those who are trying to complete the series or keep it complete.

Wait, what? The mint didn't take into account the desires of us collectors? Say it ain't so!

Quote:
I'd be surprised if there are currently over 20k complete sets.

Heck, I'm an avid ASE collector and even I don't have a complete set. It would be an interesting study to try to get an accurate picture of the number of complete sets out there but I suspect it is far south of 20k. Just a guess tho.
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im sure there's quite a few of the 1995 10th anniversary sets that are intact and won't be broken down to sell just the 1995 W silver eagle still even 24 years later now and will remain that way for a really, really long time.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1364 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was searching for my 95-W, I did manage to find quite a few intact 1995 10th anniversary sets. The 95-W in every single one of them looked bad in one way or another. My conclusion is that virtually all the nice looking 95-W's have been slabbed. The ones that would 3rd party grade below PF-68 are kept raw or broken out of the low grade slab to go back in the sets.
Learn More...
United States
78501 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be surprised if there are more than 10,000 complete ASE sets out there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
788 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be surprised if there were more than 8000 :)
Learn More...
United States
78501 Posts
Page: of 34  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05