Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to only 1000 collect ASE ;)
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think it is that low, but I would not be surprised either.
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Good thing I am not an ASE collector and already have a reverse proof ASE in the Pride of Two Nations set.

I'm not either and also have the POTNS but I STILL want this one. I'll be there at noon est giving it a go.
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not either and also have the POTNS but I STILL want this one. I'll be there at noon est giving it a go.
We should always feel free to by what appeals to us!
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2019  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With less than two weeks away Ebay pre-sale prices are really up there. $500-$600 raw and up to $1k pf70. Not surprising though since this tends to happen with most highly anticipated products.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16014 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Chinese can, and do, make good quality stuff as well.
Same rule applies:
As long as there is a quick buck in it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With less than two weeks away Ebay pre-sale prices are really up there. $500-$600 raw and up to $1k pf70. Not surprising though since this tends to happen with most highly anticipated products.

At those prices, it might be worthwhile for dealers at the Baltimore Whitman show (first day of the show is Nov 14th, same as the release date) to stand in line at the Mint's booth, purchase the coin for $66, walk over to the PCGS booth and submit for express show grading at $300, First Strike Label $18, handling fee $10 (is this charged for show grading?) for a total cost of $394 and have the graded coin up on eBay within 5 hours of release

The question is how many (if any?) will the Mint have for sale at the booth
Edited by BadDog
11/05/2019 12:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1766 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just recently found out about this upcoming release and I am appalled at what is happening, I always figured can the mint get any worse and just when you think it cannot, this happens. I have been buying mint products since the mid 80s as a collector never sold one item and now I know most likely not 1 collector will be able to get this coin.This is why the hobby is dying GREED. I love the fact it states 1 household limit, yet of course on ebay everyone has 20 available. It makes me so angry I wouldnt be suprised on nov 14th at like 1201 pm it will already be unavailable. enough ranting for now just had to add my 2 cents from a collector who owns every single eagle from 1986 to present except possibly this new one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1357 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would have been much better if they would have initially limited the sales to those who have already purchased the other three ASE's this year. That way the collectors would get the first crack at them. Of course the 30k mintage limit is too low. I think 50k would probably be too low.
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It would have been much better if they would have initially limited the sales to those who have already purchased the other three ASE's this year. That way the collectors would get the first crack at them.
Interesting idea.
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say let everyone fight for the themselves :) I'm trying to get 2 to sell 1 at least now :)

"Greed is Good"
- Gordon Gecko - Wall Street
Pillar of the Community
United States
1357 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't really be compared to Wall Street (free market) as this is a government monopoly. As such, they have a responsibility to allow for fair distribution of the products. That's what the HH limit of 1 is for. I'd say that cheating the system to get more than what you're initially allowed to get is greedy. I wouldn't feel right making money off of a fellow collector that way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's what the HH limit of 1 is for. I'd say that cheating the system to get more than what you're initially allowed to get is greedy. I wouldn't feel right making money off of a fellow collector that way.

Just so you know, I really wouldn't buy one to sell on ebay the next day. I am going to try and get 2 just so I can hold them. I can't say I'll keep both in 10 years from now, but my intention is to do a speculative long term hold.
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am no expert, but I think you will lose money in long term.
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am no expert, but I think you will lose money in long term.

Jbuck, I kind of , well pretty much agree with you. But for $69, its not really a bad bet. Like the common Peace dollars and morgans I think the ASE's will all eventually be worth a little over melt, but sometimes you have to take the risk.
Page: of 28  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05