Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,581 / Views: 98,172Next Topic
Page: of 106
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Person that owns COA #00016, pulled the BIN and will be starting an auction at 0.01. Auction starts at 9 pm ET.
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Person that owns COA #00016, pulled the BIN and will be starting an auction at 0.01. Auction starts at 9 pm ET.

Thats brave! It can go either really good or really bad. I hope the seller doesn't pull it and lets it run the entire course. Very curious what price this will bring in.
Edited by wyzeguy
12/01/2019 7:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any one here have one in the top 10? I know if I did I wouldn't sell it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They give you a receipt?

Often they'll include a little card with the company name in the flip that the coin comes in. That works just as well for me as I'm Just trying to remember who I bought it from.
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any one here have one in the top 10?

I have a feeling the top 10 are in hands of the "friends" of the director.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10627 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
19 bids and at $10,100 currently.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-Sil...AOSwhe9d4roV
Pillar of the Community
United States
3506 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin will be the first for me to send to a TPG, I know I'll need to join (subscribe) to either PCGS or NGC, now my question is...If I wanted to send in (at another time) let's say a 1922 weak D LWC die pair #1 or another error coin is there one TPGer better than the other as far as those other coins go?

Thanks everyone.......
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I have a feeling the top 10 are in hands of the "friends" of the director.

They aren't. One of those already sold into the five figures if I remember right.

Quote:
.If I wanted to send in (at another time) let's say a 1922 weak D LWC die pair #1 or another error coin is there one TPGer better than the other as far as those other coins go?

PCGS. If it's just error coins either one is usually fine as the authenticity of the error is what really matters over the grade. Fred Weinberg does some of the error grading for PCGS though if that makes a difference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am VERY happy for ALL of the attention of the Reverse Proof ASE's are injecting into our hobby.

Personally, if I had 1 through 10....yes...for sale...definitely.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
667 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is nowhere near my interest area, but I have to say, though I find it odd to pay $10000+ for a coin mainly just for a certificate number it is nice to see that the market is going strong for coins, at least in this area and that intrest of this caliber is still happening with NCLT pieces.

And, again, though I find it bizarre to spend $10000 on a coin like that, if some else is willing to pay that then I say 'go for it'.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1141 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numis-Northerner, I think it's more of a PR70 matched set COA and Slabbed coin, with a low cert number and hand signed by the mint director that's doing it.

I mean if this were mine with cert #17895 or whatever it likely is inside there, and it graded PR70, maybe I get to $3-4K... I guess. It's got a lot to do with it being numbered and signed for the additional price on top of that. Plus it's early on still, so the "hottness" factor is surely going to drop off at some point. I'm surprised the ungraded coin is edging toward $1500.00 on ebay now. Makes me want to list mine and not even open the box and just cash out at the $1500 level is theres any takers after a week.

I'm on the fence about grading, can't really afford to spend the money now on it, and Seems crazy at this point not to let it go if they are selling for crazy prices... I dunno.
Again, it only cost me mint issue price and I intended to keep it, but this gets crazier and crazier as the weeks pass.

I wonder if #00001 is identified does the price drop off? There has to be some of this attributed to people looking for the certificate #1 out there as to why the price is still rising....

Pillar of the Community
Canada
667 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm on the fence about grading, can't really afford to spend the money now on it, and Seems crazy at this point not to let it go if they are selling for crazy prices... I dunno.
Again, it only cost me mint issue price and I intended to keep it, but this gets crazier and crazier as the weeks pass.

It sound to like you have a good opportunity to make some quick and easy money, however I still can understand your concerns.

Tbh if it were me, I would either sell it as is or get it graded then sell it (either way you're making a killing) and then buy one later down the road when the prices go down.

I doubt these will ever get back down to issue price or even really close to that, but if you sold yours now for $1200-$2000 and then bought one say 2 years or so from now for, just guessing, around $500-$700 you would make out quite well and still get the coin. (This is just how I would do it if I collected these).
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
NGC actually has an agreement with USPS where their packages get delivered to NGC's office rather than waiting at a PO Box for NGC to pickup.

Apparently no one told USPS. My shipment shows "arrived at post office and is ready for pick-up"
Learn More...
United States
90284 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How many of us have said those exact words as the number of ASE's in our collection keeps growing?
Well. After going 21 years with just one ASE in my collection, I now have three after adding two in the last three years.
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Apparently no one told USPS. My shipment shows "arrived at post office and is ready for pick-up"
I received an email from NGC CS this am saying the Receiving dept is working on submissions received on Fri. 11/22....you can gauge how long it might take them to. Reach your submission from that date....
Page: of 106 Previous TopicReplies: 1,581 / Views: 98,172Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05