Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 102
Pillar of the Community
United States
1543 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I realize this is tongue in cheek, but these have no impact on your submission. The estimates are for new arrivals.

Also remember it isn't an estimate of days, it's an estimate of business days. Last week was only 3 grading days because of Thanksgiving.

It was tongue in cheek. Today is the 22nd working day since they received the package. The 36 day estimate is for new arrivals and I thought it was interesting that the time frame moved by 2 weeks since the S ERP was released.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12958 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 36 day estimate is for new arrivals and I thought it was interesting that the time frame moved by 2 weeks since the S ERP was released.

There probably is some impact with the submission receiving part since so many are being sent in one at a time, but in terms of the grading time I think Thanksgiving being the week after Baltimore is the biggest impact there. Between when Thanksgiving was in relation to Baltimore and this release we pretty much have the perfect storm of a very slow grading period.

Unfortunately with Christmas so close unless they work on a Saturday or two (which they sometimes do when really behind) it's probably going to get worse before it gets better
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How long do we have to decide to get this submitted for grading? I'd think that things like "first release" or such labels are kind of silly on this coin since they were only "first releases." But as long as we keep the coin in its original unopened shipping package we could submit it, right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pinehurst upped the priced another $100 to $1299 now. It doesn't look like we have reached the top just yet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4816 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your post reminded me to check MCM..price steady at $1199 with 10 left (new addition to stock)

What shocked me was the 25 NGC FDI 69's that were available last week at a, to me anyway, out there markup over ER's at $2045 ARE ALL GONE!

Edited by Foxwoods Man
12/03/2019 12:40 pm
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add knowledge101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS received my package Tuesday November 26th and it was entered today into their system. I used Express grading, but did not put Express on the box. In case anyone else was wondering about turnaround times
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12958 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But as long as we keep the coin in its original unopened shipping package we could submit it, right?

For PCGS yes that is correct.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and there are just under 700 "2019 enhanced reverse proof silver eagle" listing on ebay right now. There were almost 1,100 a week or so ago.

Seeing where the prices are right now, I am almost kicking myself for not buying any when these were $599. Well, almost. ;)
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Velzee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ugh mine has been on "Received" since Nov 26th... I'm excited and anxious....
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Check AES's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AES to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The PCGS agent signed for my package on Saturday the 23rd and the details were entered into their system on the 26th. The package was labeled 'express'. I received the grade and return tracking number yesterday, Dec 2nd but I'm still waiting on the TrueView image to show up on the verification page and the return package tracking scan by USPS. The COA# is 08160 so it's not one the signed COAs.

Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I called NGC this morning and was told they were bout a week behind. I asked if that included express and she said yes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Though I'd share this since it seemed pretty interesting. While perusing through another forum to see what they had to say about this coin, someone had posted on the BST thread offering to buy this coin off anyone who wanted to sell to him for $500. This was about two weeks before the release. Talk about gutsy. He ended up acquiring a little over 20 of them, paying between $375-$500 each. One of his latest post mentions he initially was going to keep two of them and sell the rest but decided to sell the last two after believing prices were beginning to plateau. He said all but two of the buyers were dealers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and Pinehurst increased the price to $1,449 now.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12958 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One of his latest post mentions he initially was going to keep two of them and sell the rest but decided to sell the last two after believing prices were beginning to plateau.

I'd have to know who posted it to have an opinion, but that said you have to take things like that with a grain of salt. There was a big money chance and they took it and now if they do want one to keep it's in their interest for prices to stay put or go down.

Again I don't know who said It, but there are posters on other sites that attempt to influence the market with their posts, it doesn't really work but they still try.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check dave92029's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Signed #016 2019-S on ebay is now @$13,000+ with 6 hrs remaining on this auction.

I am curious if you all feel that eBay is the "Best" platform to sell a similar coin. If not, where would you market a simialr coin if you wanted to sell it and achieve the best price and return?

Where else could you go to sell a coin valued at more than $13,000?

Thanks
Page: of 102 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05