Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 101
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add knowledge101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update on mine. PCGS received Tuesday November 26th. I used Express grading. Entered into their system this Monday. Order processed Tuesday. Submission went through Grading Wednesday, and today undergoing Encapsulation and Finalization. I imagine I will find out soon what the grade is?
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone listed their 68 on eBay. Apparently the only 68 in the PCGS population thus far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-2019-...163975529038
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add knowledge101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol, well now, that's definitely a clever way to market a bad coin as "rare"
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Velzee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's on "Encapsulation" for me

So received on 11/26/2019>"Encapsulated and Being imaged" today on 12/5/2019
Edited by Velzee
12/05/2019 3:56 pm
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So received on 11/26/2019>"Encapsulated and Being imaged" today on 12/5/2019

NGC or PCGS?

Also, when is the earliest I can see what grade my coin got for NGC? Is it after "encapsulated and being imaged"? I did not elect to get any of the add-on imaging services.
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Velzee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TheInfinityPoint I had mine through PCGS, and this is my first time grading so I'm not sure. I probably won't look at it until I physically receive it and unbox it because it'll be more exciting :)
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Once you can see the content of the submission in your account it's been processed and waiting for grading

Yep, the invoice number became a hyperlink and shows the coin and CoA as the contents when you click on it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12941 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@TheInfinityPoint I had mine through PCGS, and this is my first time grading so I'm not sure.

PCGS you can see the grade when it gets to shipping, so sometimes it will be a day or two after you get the grade until the shipping is completed, but usually it's next day.

NGC you can't see the grade until it is all packaged up and ready to go, so the day it gets sent to the post office basically.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks basebal21. I don't mind waiting a day or 2 after it's all packaged up. I just don't want to wait for it while it's making its way through Registered Mail. Speaking of which, what are people's experience with how long Registered Mail takes?

I'm trying to decide if I want it sent back to HI or CA, I'm planning on dropping it off this afternoon. I will be in CA until just after New Years, so is it better to have it sent there? I don't have a good feel for how long grading will take with the holiday season and how long Registered Mail will take. Anyone have any suggestions?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12941 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Speaking of which, what are people's experience with how long Registered Mail takes?

Takes me a week minimum to get anything once NGC ships it and I could drive there in a day. You might get lucky and it might get put on a plane for CA instead of ground the whole way, it might also sit places for days or longer given all the Christmas mail.

What service level are you going to use? If you use express and get it there early next week you would probably be okay for CA, if you use anything else it'll be middle of January for it at the fastest probably. They'll take 2-3 days off for Christmas and same thing for New Years so between the two you lose about a week of working days.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheInfinityPoint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks basebal21! Nah I'm just using regular so it'll take a while. If it's middle of Jan. as I suspected then I can have it sent back to HI. Thanks for the tips.
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FWIW, Mine was shipped from Chicago to Florida the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and had to go priority registered. The post office quoted Monday for priority without the registered considered, but even with registered it still got there on Monday.
Pillar of the Community
United States
940 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did everyone get their coin from the mint? It's still showing as unavailable but not yet sold out. Think they'll put a few for sale? The mint doesn't have the sold counts yet.
Edited by hfjacinto
12/05/2019 6:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12941 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Think they'll put a few for sale?

It's been completely sold out since the first day. The only thing that pops up are orders that had issues and by now it's just ones that had shipping issues and couldn't be delivered. There's nothing left otherwise
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
5048 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if everyone got this offer from Ebay but if you were contemplating selling your set there the offer says they are capping their final value fee (not including Paypal fees and listing upgrades) at $10.

Fine print is the offer is good 12/5 through 12/9 and your item must sell before the end of day on the 9th and on the first time you list it if you have it set to automatically relist if not sold.

Edited by jack jeckel
12/05/2019 8:19 pm
Page: of 101  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05