Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 102
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add knowledge101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got word mine is a PR69 from PCGS. COA No. 03964
Edited by knowledge101
12/06/2019 06:53 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I read on a different thread that the mint usually holds back a number of coins to fulfill any returns or QC issues. If so I imagine whatever coins were held back would eventually be sold. Any truth to that?
48 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's been completely sold out since the first day. The only thing that pops up are orders that had issues and by now it's just ones that had shipping issues and couldn't be delivered. There's nothing left otherwise

I was one of the unlucky people. UPS sent back my coin to the US Mint, because something was missing. Could not stop it, although I called them several times. No re-order or re-send possible although US Mint made a mistake, they just refunded me the money.
Edited by smile4art
12/05/2019 9:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
was one of the unlucky people. UPS sent back my coin to the US Mint, because something was missing. Could not stop it, although I called them several times. No re-order or re-send possible, they just refunded me the money.

Really sorry to hear that. So I wonder what happens to the coin? The only sales after the initial date were for a few days after. Don't believe they've had any since. Don't think your coin would have made it back so soon.
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Velzee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Switched to "Quality Check" just now
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12947 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If so I imagine whatever coins were held back would eventually be sold. Any truth to that?

Some products mainly cheap ones have extras for QC, any extras over the mintage are destroyed when it's done. Highly unlikely a product like this had any extras made.

Quote:
So I wonder what happens to the coin?

It'll be sold in a nano second probably scooped up by the bot
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a vid someone posted on YouTube of Mike Mezak selling this coin on CSN. Actually surprised he's selling it so cheap. Would have figured he'd be twice that amount.

8cfoY5x0NgU
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12947 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually surprised he's selling it so cheap. Would have figured he'd be twice that amount.

That's about right for their market up from market rates, remember that's an ANACS one
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
48 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smile4art to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting that he could get 992 coins for his show.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But it's an ANACS Exclusive! CSN's the only place you can get an ANACS 1st Strike Limited Edition! Goodness, I feel bad for the people that shell out the money for that.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12947 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Anyone with enough money could have buying the early ones in the aftermarket for $500-1k
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I agree. Though he does make a comment about not knowing if he'll actually be able to get all 992. Not sure if he was referring to pf70's or actual qty of coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone with enough money could have buying the early ones in the aftermarket for $500-1k

Were there even that many available at that price range? I'm sure he wasn't the only dealer scooping them up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3410 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Signed COA #2 listed on that auction site. 149k (yes...149 thousand) is the price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wyzeguy. Not really. On this with a limited mintage, 30K is all they made and all they can make. They won't be replacing orders if you return it for a QC issue you are getting a refund and that's the end of it. With the unlimited mintage stuff they will replace it. On this if there's an undeliverable issue even they will give a refund and sell it again to someone else, first come first serve once its back in inventory.

If it was an annual mint set I'd say you could return for replacement but not with limited mintage stuff unless they actually have plenty of it.
Page: of 102  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05