Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 101
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unless someone is a multimillionaire you'd kind of have to be crazy to keep a 1-10 especially 1-5 or 1/2 considering those would almost certainly be at least a new car as a 70. You could sell that buy a car and still buy another 70.

Correct, you can get $crazy$ money for a top 10, but again, why not hold it for the long term? Look at the auctions for some of the coins, $100K, $150k, probably $1 million when #1 comes. I would rather make the long term hold and either sell it later on in life or leave it to the kids. Its still cool having something that a lot of people want.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4811 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC told me they were 7 days behind. Same thing happened to me this year with the Apollo pucks. Thought for sure they lost the package...but no...they rewarded me with my 70's

Edit: oops...just checked and they are now "Scheduled for grading" . (delivered to NGC on Monday)
Edited by Foxwoods Man
12/06/2019 1:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Check dave92029's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"oops...just checked and they are now "Scheduled for grading" . (delivered to NGC on Monday)"

Thanks, go ahead and rub it In!

My 11/26 delivery Still Not showing as Received!
Edited by dave92029
12/06/2019 2:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4811 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was never a "received" status...just went from not existing to scheduled for grading
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12939 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Correct, you can get $crazy$ money for a top 10, but again, why not hold it for the long term? Look at the auctions for some of the coins, $100K, $150k, probably $1 million when #1 comes.

Won't be a million, but 1 could certainly be 6 figures and the rest could easily be mid 5. I'd rather take that money and invest it and get another one then sit on it waiting to sell later.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Did you upgrade to express or just went with standard? If standard it's not too surprising due to the timing of this release. The first time I submitted was around this time last year and went with standard because it was cheaper and didn't need the quick turnaround. Well it took way longer than their estimated time. A good 2-3 weeks over. I almost called to complain but thought I'd be rewarded if I just let it run it's course. And I was and hopefully you will too!

Btw, the status on mine changed today to "grading/quality control" so looks like the express ones are running on time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you can expect 5 figures if you get one of the first 100. #75 just bid up to $10k with little over a day to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-Sil...333425125953
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12939 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

This is really day 5 for it as last week wasn't counted from Thanksgiving. It should get entered today or Mondayish
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4811 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did you upgrade to express or just went with standard? If standard it's not too surprising due to the timing of this release.

Point is that his "delivered" was six days before mine and mine are scheduled for grading...his are not logged in.it has zip to do with the timing of the release

Edited by Foxwoods Man
12/06/2019 4:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
[quote]it has zip to do with the timing of the timing of the rele ASE

Can almost guarantee that's the number one reason they're giving to anyone who calls to inquire on why their coin is stuck in limbo.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12939 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can almost guarantee that's the number one reason they're giving to anyone who calls to inquire on why their coin is stuck in limbo.

Pretty much. One coin one box at a time takes a while to go through, especially since they have to open the sets and everything too. No one enjoys it, but when submitting you just have to be prepared that from just before Thanksgiving through the new year everything but walkthroughs and express are going to take forever
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Started thinking about the 1-100 that are starting to show up on eBay and whether the grader, if he came across one with a low COA, would feel pressure not giving that coin a 70 grade. Besides obvious visible marks but anything else, you think he would just err on the side of generosity and give it a perfect grade. Most on here have stated that you can't really tell the difference between a 69 & 70. Food for thought?
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is now in the "grading/quality control" status. Seems to be moving rather quickly.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12939 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Started thinking about the 1-100 that are starting to show up on eBay and whether the grader, if he came across one with a low COA, would feel pressure not giving that coin a 70 grade. Besides obvious visible marks but anything else, you think he would just err on the side of generosity and give it a perfect grade.

They couldn't care less what they grade.

Quote:
Most on here have stated that you can't really tell the difference between a 69 & 70.

You can. You can tell the different between all grades if you know what you look for. Doing it with pictures can often be impossible on high MS.
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Check dave92029's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My five coin NGC submission is still in limbo.

I hope that some of the employees are working overtime and earning some extra holiday pay. NGC certainly appears to have enough business to justify some overtime work to reduce their backlog.

When can I file a Claim for a lost submission, and how does NGC compensate me, if they have lost my five coins? How do I prove that my submission included the five coins on my copy of the submission form?
I just want NGC to find and process my submission.
Page: of 101 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05