Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint New Listing On Schedule For A 2019 Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bret got it right, Mike Meeeeezak on HSN always brings that story up every time he's hawking a new item that's low mintage. How at the ANA convention in Rosemont, fistfights broke out on the floor over people wanting that gold Kennedy half dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
882 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
APMEX just sent out an email offering $50 + return shipping for selling this coin to them:
https://www.apmex.com/sell-to-us-eagles

I think that's a pretty low offer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think that's a pretty low offer.

eBay pre-sales are running in the $450 and up range for raw coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10106 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No way would I part with this coin for $50.
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, what an absolutely lousy offer! I'm laughing out loud at how lousy the offer is!

buy from the mint at $65, sell to APMEX at $50?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1357 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MrPink2018, I think the offer is buy it for $65 and sell it to APMEX for $115 for a profit of $50.
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
either way:

paltry
Edited by MrPink2018
11/07/2019 11:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12576 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would definitely pass on that offer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
APMEX just sent out an email offering $50 + return shipping

Need to add another zero to that offer.
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mickeydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got an email from PCGS Announcing New Dual Encapsulation Of U.S. Mint Serialized COAs Alongside 2019 Reverse Proof American Silver Eagles. It really will be a mad house now on the 14th.

https://www.PCGS.com/news/PCGS-anno...MTEyNDE4MgS2
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
just got an email from PCGS Announcing New Dual Encapsulation

Wonder what NGC will come up with. Cant imagine them passing up the opportunity to add fuel to the fire.
Pillar of the Community
United States
882 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We are getting closer to the end of our hobby I think.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1357 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that it's pointless to provide a serialized COA for something that does not have a serial number on it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4111 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think that it's pointless to provide a serialized COA for something that does not have a serial number on it.

I think that is partly what drove PCGS to offer certification of the COAs. If they get the coin and COA together, they can put the serial number on the coin's holder and have it match a specific COA.

That said, however...

I haven't read anything yet that states that the number on the COA represents the strike order of the coin. If the US Mint works it like the Royal Canadian Mint ( RCM), the numbered COAs will be randomly inserted into the coin boxes w/o regard to strike order. In this scenario it's all a bit silly, but collectors seem to get excited by the numbers! At least they do for the RCM's coins!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to this Numismatic News article, at the Mint's Numismatic Forum a couple of weeks ago
Quote:
Mint officials made it clear several times that a low serial number on the certificate would have no relation as to whether the accompanying coin was one of the first to be struck.

Quote:
...but collectors seem to get excited by the numbers!

Many TPG graded coin collectors have already shown that that they are not just interested in the coin, but also the label on the slab. These collectors probably won't care at all that the serial number is not related in any manner to the coin production. They will want a low COA serial number label and pay a premium for it.
Page: of 28  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05