Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have To Get A New Computer Is Software Compatable?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4621 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  7:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have an older computer with Windows 7 which will not be supported after Dec. It also locks up and shuts down randomly.

My ? is will my soft ware 1- Canon software that came with the camera, 2- excel,

Will it be able to transfer to the new computer?
Also how hard is this to do?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2459 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you have a removable, or plug in hard drive, or a big enough flash drive, you should be able to move the information, to that drive, then plug the new drive into your new computer , and upload it.. if you have a software disk with your camera, you can also reload it in the new computer.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29431 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is also a compatibility mode you should be able to run a device in if needed. My desktop is Windows 7 too.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4621 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks silverwolf will look into it.

Quote:
My desktop is Windows 7 too.

John what are you going to do get Windows 10 or a new computer?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20065 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canon EOS software can be downloaded here if you need it. Copy and paste the following url for a zip file.

https://www.coincommunity.com/Canon%20EOS/Canon%20EOS.zip
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29431 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
John what are you going to do get Windows 10 or a new computer?
I plan on using my Windows 7 for as long as possible. I just renewed my McAfee for a few years and hope that's enough for now. When Microsoft stopped support for XP,I did not run out and give them more of my hard earned money until I had to.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
77153 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2- excel,
What version?

2010 and up will work for sure.

2007 will work, but expect to have weird things happen. Often.

2003 and back, no way.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4621 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Canon EOS software can be downloaded here if you need it. Copy and paste the following url for a zip file.

Thanks Bobby, does that include all software for Canon?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4621 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I plan on using my Windows 7 for as long as possible.

I'd like to do the same thing but it keeps acting, so bit the bullet.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4621 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2003 and back, no way.

It says excel 2003 so how do I get a new one without breaking the bank?
Learn More...
United States
21987 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get WPS Office for FREE.
Learn More...
United States
77153 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You do not.

You go here instead...

https://www.libreoffice.org/

It is what I use at home.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18551 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I use Windows XP and Office 2003 and I'm happy with it for now. I also have a HP Lap Top the uses Windows 10 and they wanted me to buy the new version of Office but I just loaded Office 2003 on it since I had the Disc for it. Office 2003 works great for me or at least so far. To buy the new Office it can only be downloaded and the cost is horrible and must be repurchased every year or so they said. I really hate Windows 10 and am so used to XP I wish they would reinstate that one as the best Windows ever. I've had so much trouble with that lousy HP Lap Top I'm really sorry I bought it.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
77153 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also have a HP Lap Top the uses Windows 10 and they wanted me to buy the new version of Office but I just loaded Office 2003 on it since I had the Disc for it.
I am surprised it even installed. I tried to put 2003 on my Windows 10 test machine and it failed. Then again, you were running from a CD and it probably has a retail license? I was using the volume licensed install from our network.

I was able to get 2007 to load, but it was rather unstable and crashed a lot more than I would expect. 2010 worked fine and by the time I got a new desktop (real use, not testing) we had moved to Office 365 (which gives us the latest version as it comes out).

Quote:
To buy the new Office it can only be downloaded and the cost is horrible and must be repurchased every year or so they said.
Nope, you can buy Office 2019 now and use it for as long as it is supported (five to ten years). With Office 365, you pay less (think lease versus buy) and have access to the latest version (but you do keep paying every year as long as you use it). Since we have been on Office 365 we have moved from the 2016 to 2019 versions. We also have the ability to run from the cloud, yadda yadda yadda.

That being said, Office 2019, Office 365... this is great for the enterprise. But as a home user, I would never recommend buying Office. Get Libre Office and save your money for the coins.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05