Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 October RCM Releases - Includes 2nd Ufo Coin

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2019  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you MoneyPenney. Found it. Interesting site.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
567 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thank you MoneyPenney. It looks like the October SD is a Special Edition SD.

I like this coin. It would be nice to do an SD series on founders of Canada. RCM?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6550 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, was away and coudn't reply.

Yes, folks there uploading the images prior general release, what is forbidden on our site.
Providing direct URL is also against the rules / will be deleted.

Their Numismatic section is a single thread, and you can read it from the beginning as a "long story".

I found cross-checking these resources as fun and usable.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6550 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Shag Harbour Incident coin is available on the international marketplace website!

2 listings, both priced CAD 200 with shipping.

The 1-st coin sells for 500+
(the asking prices are much higher, but seems to be, people not in rush to spend big money for it), so looks like the CAD 200 'must grab price'.

NOTE:
Buy only if you like or willing to take a chance.
I don't like theme neither design.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2638 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tonight is the October release for upper level Master Club members. I am sure there will be limit for this UFO coin. Otherwise they will be all bought up.

Regardless, those who want one should order immediately as I expect a very fast sell out. Those who hesitate won't get one.
Valued Member
Canada
327 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received the release notice... No limits stated on the UFO coin.

Disappointingly though the Special Edition SD was not released... They must be waiting for a later event date to release it.
The multi-layer Polar Bear was also not released but I am less interested in that one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  01:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Disappointingly though the Special Edition SD was not released... They must be waiting for a later event date to release it.

Riel's birth date is generally listed as October 22nd - maybe a tie-in event is planned.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2638 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No limits stated on the UFO coin.

Yes, but the fine print on the email also says "The RCM reserves the right to refuse or limit orders and change its prices and product offerings without notice"

I doubt you can order as many as you want. In previous offerings of hot coins they have been known to reduce quantities.
Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Below are the coins for purchase at the RCM:

-Spooky Canada: HI Ottawa Jail Hostel
-$20 Pure Silver Coloured Coin - Remembrance Day
-1 oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin - Lest We Forget
-1 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Eagle Feather
-1 oz. Pure Silver Glow-in-the-Dark Coin - Canada's Unexplained Phenomena - Shag Harbour
-3 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Centennial Flame
-10 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Great Seal of the Province of Canada (1841-1867)
-1/2 Kilogram Pure Silver Coin - Tall Ships of Canada
-2019 Scorpio: Zodiac Series - Pure Silver Coin made with Swarovski Crystals
-2 oz. Pure Silver Gold-Plated Coin - Golden Reflections - Predator and Prey: Wolves and Elk
-Pure Silver Coloured Coin - Whale Watching: Celebrating Canadian Fun and Festivities
-$20 1 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Sky Wonders: Light Pillars

Not on the site for what ever reason are the:
(Anyone know why they aren't on the site for purchase?)

-3.5 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Multilayered Polar Bear
-2019 Special Edition Proof Dollar - Louis Riel: Father of Manitoba

For now I picked up the
-$20 Pure Silver Coloured Coin - Remembrance Day
-1 oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin - Lest We Forget
-1 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Eagle Feather
I will be also getting the
-2019 Special Edition Proof Dollar - Louis Riel: Father of Manitob when they show up on the RCM site.
Edited by jimper
09/24/2019 09:55 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6550 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small drop in price of the coin on the secondary market.

Now available for CAD 170 shipped (Canada).

This is due to today's release, while people secured their coins from RCM and released them.
Let's see how it goes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I plan on getting the Riel SD from the October release but that will be all.

The $20 "Lest We Forget" coin with Murano glass poppy looks pretty good, but not the type of coin I pursue for my personal collection.

Edited by commems
09/24/2019 1:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2638 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The October releases are now on the RCM website for upper tier MC members. None are sold out. No limit on the UFO coin.
Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems
@Silveroid
@MoneyPenney

Any idea why these two coins are not on the RCM October release site yet. Looking to purchase them but nowhere to be found.

-2019 Special Edition Proof Dollar - Louis Riel: Father of Manitoba
Edited by jimper
09/24/2019 2:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6550 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no source for info, so would agree with Commems:

Quote:
"Riel's birth date is generally listed as October 22nd - maybe a tie-in event is planned."
Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just called the RCM and they have no clue on the 2 mentioned coins for the October releases. Without an item number they couldn't tell me anything. Perhaps they will be in the November releases.
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05