Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Dansco Going To Start Producing Albums Again?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 100 / Views: 15,633Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
3390 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2021  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, I've had several albums (from different vendors, including an eBay one) that came in as Media Mail, I didn't even know what Media mail until I saw your post.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3390 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SOOOOOOO,

Well I had an old Peace dollar album, since I didn't need it, I put it for sale on eBay. Ended up selling it. With shipping and eBay fees I'm out a few dollars, basically I got a new album for about $5, can't really complain. I'm surprised how even used Dansco's are holding value. So the moral of this post is sell those old Dansco albums!
Learn More...
United States
99300 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dansco should consider splitting their 7070 into a 19th century and a modern century album.
Learn More...
United States
99300 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dansco should consider splitting their 7070 into a 19th century and a modern century album.
Then they could accommodate more of what he 19th century has to offer. The modern album would have more as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Then they could accommodate more of what he 19th century has to offer. The modern album would have more as well.

Indeed. And it would give collectors a chance to decide to do either one or both.
Of course, the division between 19th Century and 20th Century is arbitrary. You could also think of dividing it along WW-I lines: Classical Album (1797-1916) and Modern Album (1916-today). That way the Barber series (nickels, dimes, quarters, half) and Morgan dollars fall in the "Classical" album and the "Modern" album would start with Peace dollars, Walking Liberty, Standing Liberty, etc.
Edited by NumisEd
04/12/2021 10:39 am
Learn More...
United States
99300 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the classic and modern division idea. I would be inclined to separate them as we do on the forum. Liberty and related allegories are classic, dead people are modern.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like the classic and modern division idea. I would be inclined to separate them as we do on the forum. Liberty and related allegories are classic, dead people are modern.

Then the two album would overlap in the period 1909-1947.
Learn More...
United States
99300 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, because the division is based on series, not date. Just like Classic and Modern are here on CCF. Just an idea, not saying it is the right idea.

All moot because I doubt Dansco will ever do any of this.
Valued Member
United States
427 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really hope they get their act together once they get back to full production. There's a ton of ideas they could be making keen money on
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 100 / Views: 15,633Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05