Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any One Getting The Innovation 4 Coin Proof Set?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woohoo order is done!!

Edited by hfjacinto
10/11/2019 12:05 pm
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, this is an expensive hobby, or at least an expensive commitment to collect the entire set.

2018 proof: $6.95
2018 reverse proof: $9.95
Proof sets $20.95, times 14 sets: $293.30
Reverse proof: $9.95, times 56 coins: $557.20.
Total, over the next 14 years: $867.40.

I'm kind of surprised they don't have a silver option for these coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, this is an expensive hobby, or at least an expensive commitment to collect the entire set.

2018 proof: $6.95
2018 reverse proof: $9.95
Proof sets $20.95, times 14 sets: $293.30
Reverse proof: $9.95, times 56 coins: $557.20.
Total, over the next 14 years: $867.40.

I'm kind of surprised they don't have a silver option for these coins.

One can go crazy. I'm only doing the 2018 Proof and 14 Proof sets, no reverse proof (well maybe NJ), plus don't forget shipping and the albums to put the coins in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
551 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
kind of surprised they don't have a silver option for these coins

That's what I was hoping for when they first announced this series but it wasn't to be.
Learn More...
United States
78623 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2019  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver would have to be legislated since coin composition is set by law. Gold has a loophole because of how the bullion coin law is written; this is why the centennial dime, quarter, and half gold coins were allowed in 2016.
Pillar of the Community
United States
551 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surprised I haven't received a shipment notification email yet. I ordered right at 11ct.
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll probably get in on Monday or Tuesday. The mint has 2 speeds stalled or stopped, we must have hit them at stopped.
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine shipped. Probably Wednesday or Thursday before I get it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
551 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got the email today as well. Being that it's fedex though prolly won't actually start moving til Monday or Tuesday.
Edited by wyzeguy
10/13/2019 7:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
597 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only us 2 ordered these? Come on some one else must have ordered the set?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10120 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just ordered one. I'm not 100% sold on this series yet but I do want to see what they look like before I make a final decision.

Quote:

Yep... it certainly can be. Although an $850 commit over 14 years is really not that bad when you look at the cost of keeping up with other series over that period of time. Try the ASEs. If you wanted one of each type offered this year alone it would cost you about $385 for all 6.

A couple notes... 1) the cost of U.S. Mint products does and will continue to go up frequently, sometimes annually. So that $19.95 annual 4-coin Proof Innovation $1 set will likely increase by a few dollars in 14 years. 2) Also, this was a strange year for ASEs. 6 is the most the mint has ever released in one year and that trend may not continue. Time will tell.
Learn More...
United States
78623 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Although an $850 commit over 14 years is really not that bad when you look at the cost of keeping up with other series over that period of time. Try the ASEs...
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roger Engelken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I enrolled for the set and it has already shipped.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moelleref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just received my order and I think I'm sending them back. One of the coins appears to have a bunch of scratches in the upper right hand corner. It looks like the scratches are on the coin and not the plastic.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10120 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before you go to the effort of sending them back, you can make sure the scratches are on the coin by (carefully) separating the two halves of the plastic holder/lens and closely examining the coin(s).
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05