Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1966 P DDR Lincoln Cent

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
4504 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am the owner of the finest specimen known of this variety in existence...graded MS65RD

Graded by who? if it is a TPG , then they'll have a photo on file? your pictures show nothing more than the fuzzy glare.
Hope you are right,Good luck.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3581 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2019  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finest known what? Who graded it? The pics are way too blurry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
762 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the images, but if you look at both images you'll see what we are seeing. They are very blurry and difficult to see what you are seeing in hand. Definitely looking forward to seeing clearer images of this one. We all really hope and want to believe it is the "one", but without clear images, we will be hesitant to jump "all in". I use my phone for images and set it on a thin box to bring it into focus and also holds it steady while taking the image to eliminate any instability.

And I understand you are planning on having it re-slabbed. Out of curiosity which was the original company that slabbed it? The reason we are curious is because there are "companies" and self-slabbed ones by individuals that put anything on a label to make a sale. humor us if you would with wether it is NGC or not.
Thanks in advance.
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2019  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If its authentic and 65 RED like you say the heavy hitters will bid and its a $3,500.00 -5,000.00 max . $10,000.00 not probable, the points given buy adding to a registry set are low and won't move percentage enough justifying 6 figures. The markets cooled considerably on Lincoln Memorial Die varieties and these registry collectors are savvy-in for the long haul and patient. That's the reality. Its a rare one, it would sell on ebay or Greatcollections no problem. An NGC AU58 hammered for 3,000 plus buyers fees in April 2017 it had one bid. There are a total of four graded and from what I understand 2 others that's 6 known yours would make 7. It's a coveted coin, I hope you do indeed have it. Take a close up of UNITED with an android or Iphone of the coin, I would enjoy seeing it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pictures pretty please.

to CCF!
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, how much you wanna bet?

Sorry, I suck at taking pictures of doubled dies.....at least I'm phenomenal/lucky at cherrypicking them. ;)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3581 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who graded it at 65? Still not seeing nothing but a blurry pic. If it's been graded take a pic of the label on the case. We're pulling for you but we have no idea what you have other than typed words.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is currently in an ANACS MS65RD slab (unattributed), and will be in a PCGS slab of the same grade or higher very soon.......before sending it into Legends or Heritage for auction early next year.....

Sorry my pictures suck....
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1763 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you get PCGS to photograph your coin , please post a link to the slab # so that we can view it.
Best of luck to you.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3581 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even tho the last pic is blurry it looks like a high bounce MD by the reduction in the size of the devises.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reduction? The devices are HUUUUUGE, FAT, and ROUND.....

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3581 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just kind of dumbfounded as to how ANACS missed what you say you have. I look forward to the follow up posts concerning this cent. I hope I am wrong but I see absolutely nothing that stands out on your cent.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05