Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Me Spend Some Money

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  12:52 am  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From your earlier posts it looked like you were looking for things with some history. To me, and I know others will disagree, ASEs don't really have any history. I just think of them as bullion coins. I can walk into my local LCS and he sells any year but the 86 and 96 for $2 over spot.

Sure the 2016 gold mercury is a new coin. But a replica of a very historical coin. So I like that idea. Same with the '01 Buff commemorative.

I also think 3 cent coins are cool to own. Both silver and nickel. Because non coin collectors I talk to have no idea the US ever made a 3 cent coin. And there is a big wow factor when I get them out.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16477 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacino:
That looks like a rather nebulous answer!
Nevertheless, quite an excellent picture.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2) 2001 Buffalo (Bison) Silver Dollar in Proof and Uncirculated
3) 1936 MS 66 Bison Nickel PSGC slabbed
4) 1902 MS 63 IHC PSGC slabbed
5) 1858 Flying Eagle in VF Slabbed

I have no self control (well when it comes to coins. I sold a few gallery prints I didn't need and got a few things I wanted. Still on the fence with what to get.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was my latest picture, 16 hours composed of 3 narrowband images using the Hubble color pallet.

Learn More...
United States
82670 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This was my latest picture, 16 hours composed of 3 narrowband images using the Hubble color pallet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I won't list on here, but everything I decided to pick up is currently on hold. It includes moderns and a few high grade classics. I don't want to jinx anything (as I have no self control), but hopefully by the end of February I will post pictures. I like what I have and IMO its pretty nice. Soo the wait begins.
Learn More...
United States
82670 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
everything I decided to pick up is currently on hold. It includes moderns and a few high grade classics.
Excellent!

Quote:
Soo the wait begins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Less than 2 weeks to go :)
Learn More...
United States
82670 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2690 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I passed by today to make sure it was what I wanted. Yep, I'm happy. Pretty much everything on my list. One is graded perfect, the one modern coin. My first perfect graded coin.
Learn More...
United States
82670 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first coin here. I was going to post all when I get the set, but today I had time. I've been a collector for a long time. My first ever set was the Wheat Cents. And although I've gotten better coins and have a full set in a Dansco, I kept my original 1909 to 1940 Whitman folder. BUT since I was in my 20's I never purchased the Key Dates. I decided to get 2 of the 3 missing key dates and since I didn't really want to put key dates in an old Whitman folder, I got 2 slabbed coins. I know, I'm not a big fan of slabbed coins, but in this case it made sense and I paid less for a slabbed coin than I found comparable raw, not much of a difference.

The Local Coin Shop actually sold off his 1931 S, so I went on eBay and picked one up. This is the first coin of my major purchase. More will be coming :)

A 1931 S in XF 45.

And while I could have gotten better, this is a circulated set, it fits in perfectly. These are the majority of my original coins that I put together in my 20's.

Learn More...
United States
82670 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1472 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pick a year that has no key dates and make a complete set of coins. The grade will be dictated by the amount of money you want to spend.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05