Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 P Peace Dollar Type 1 Reverse DDR?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 408Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4057 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  8:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this 1922 P Peace dollar that has the type 1 reverse and while I know its not rare there are no DDR's for this reverse type. Every DDR that I have found has been from the type 2 reverse. The area in question is centered around the leaves and one of the berries off the limb. I do not think this is MD as the devises are not reduced in size nor is it shelf like in appearance. You can actually see a split at the bottom of one of the leaves and can see two leaf tips. Give me your thoughts and I may be sending this to John Wexler.

Edited by Jim0815
10/12/2019 8:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2868 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are DDRs for the Type 1 Rev. This one might be VAM-40. The other DDR for the Type 1 is VAM-39, but the listing doesn't have pics of the leaves on VAMWorld.

http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.c...922-P_VAM-40
Pillar of the Community
United States
4057 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, tanman. I also have the 1922 P Line in the Tiara paired with the same reverse. I guess that one would be considered the double whammy.
Edited by Jim0815
10/12/2019 10:27 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 408Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05