Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 LMC Unlisted Trail Dies Approx 235 Degrees (Guesstimate)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1508 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2019  9:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Something new that I started collecting. Here is a trail die that I do not see listed on traildie.com http://www.traildies.com/lincoln-ce...990-to-1999/

I guess in the hobby of coin collecting, we don't mind a terrible employee at the mint
Clash is still there but can not tell what it is

EDIT: Degree from 135 to 235

Edited by levelsofmadnes
10/12/2019 9:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1049 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find! Also, your pictures are absolutely amazing! If you don't mind telling me, what camera do you use and What is your camera setup?
"Coin collectors aren't afraid of change."
-Unknown
Best Cherrypicks-
1909 VDB DDO FS-1101-http://goccf.com/t/357327
1967 WQ SMS DDO FS-101-http://goccf.com/t/351558
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29974 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  05:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you point out the trails please? I have at least 100 of them and a few listed on that site.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1508 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks QuarterHoarder72 and John1

I am still experimenting on the setup but the below picture shows what I did. Angled lighting camera straight down. I guess that is why half of the coin is a little darker. I tried axial lighting but it made the fields look glassy and Proof like (cheap glass maybe). Canon 90D with a 100mm macro lens (hit a nice superfecta at Keeneland to pay for it).

The trail dies are at approx. 230-240 degrees on E.PLURIUS, STATES, and OF.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
29974 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those lines do not look like trail lines to me. The same lines are on and below the steps.As to taking pics. Try turning off onboard lights,room lights and light from nearby windows.Then use a handheld LED flashlight with a filter on it and keep moving it until what you are trying to capture shows up best,that's what I do.
John1

PS I just checked that site and I have 10 coins listed. I am sending you a PM.
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
10/13/2019 08:08 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1508 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it looked like the only other one I have listed here http://goccf.com/t/343968&SearchTerms=trail,dies

Bummer.. if you first don't succeed, keep on rolling (CRH)

Thanks

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05