Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Holiday Exchange

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23
Learn More...
United States
13093 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
13 Left to receive:

88isgreat
Brenpickle
Cdncoins
CollegeBarbers
Earle 42
Finn235
Flying_teapot
Johnny676767
Nickle Nubber
NJ Bob
NumisRob
spruett001
YNumismetals Collector

09 Jan 2020 0918 hours Forum Time

If you notice this list often has its posting time changed.
That is because I edit the list for a while then repost later.
This prevents me from increasing my post count every time each of you is taken off the list.

rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Pertinax
Wow your SS gave a great selection of Canadian coins there!
The $20 silver coin has something like $6 (last time I checked) of silver content - which is why Instopped
buying them, but they were sold as " $20 for $20" coins - they costed $20, and were legal tender of $20 - but iirc the mint stopped making them because of how manu went straight to banks, then back to he mint.
The assortment of fifty cent pieces looks nice, hut I should point out that the 2002 issue (the different looking one) was issued by the mint on the anniverary of the Queens 50th Anniversary of reign, and sent out to encourage Canadians to once againaccept the fifty cent piece as common currency... it didn't take, so the mint now only issues them as special coins for collectors.
The D-day $2 ("toonie") is worth pointing out;
The mint has realized that most people are pocketing "painted" coins, so the rare one is actually the unpainted one!!
The painted quarter, is one that I still haven't found in circulation!
Nice assortment!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2026 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think Santa was hitting the eggnog. Pretty sure that Spott's 100 reis is Brazil, not Uruguay.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
396 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flying_teapot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spott, I see a mistake - ussr 1965 is not 50th revolution anniversary, it is 20th ww2 victory anniversary
US coin collector from Russia
Come to see my collection http://goccf.com/t/309048
My wishlist and trade
http://goccf.com/t/311993
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1774 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@unruhjonny

Thanks for the information.

Why don't Canadians like the 50c?
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Pertinax
I am not really sure - probably for the same reasons that Americans don't use their fifty cent piece or two dollar bill - or why they are so hesitant to accept the $1 coin ;)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Santa .... Susuman

It is greatly appreciated.
Chocolate coins {Euros, Rubles, Very Large Penny}
Coins From Georgia, Kazakhstan, Russia, USSR, Tajikistan, Israel Moldova, Canada and my ultimate favorite - Austria 1909, 5 Corona.

A million thanks Susuman

Pillar of the Community
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a very nice surprise today. I went to my leasing office to see if they had any packages for me, and they did! The postman forgot to leave a notice of delivery in my mailbox for a minute...

I will be posting pictures later today. Thank you Jimjumper! I was always wanting to buy a few of those notes, but they were not in the best condition. Thank you again!

The wait was so worth it.
Learn More...
United States
13093 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the end of this week Santa will beging sending out letters to those still on the list to verify if they have received there gift or not- then the follow up begins.
rggoodie
aka Richard
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe going forward one of the rules be that the recipient MUST post to notify the group that they received their package.

thanks for doing this Richard :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the pictures. A full set of German notes ranging from 1 Mark to 10000 Mark! A very nice hand written note was also included, and it said that the 10000 Mark is a "vampire" note, what does that mean? This is way more that I thought I would get. Thank you again, and sorry for the late post.

Edited by Hello There
01/07/2020 9:59 pm
Valued Member
Canada
434 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
/\ /\ I actually have a small pre-1945(ish) German paper money collection, and had never heard that term so I googled it;
Would you believe my google search ... brought me back here!?!!

lol

http://goccf.com/t/114769
Pillar of the Community
United States
7992 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it said that the 10000 Mark is a "vampire" note, what does that mean?

The note was designed so that the figure's shirt formed the shape of a vampire when turned sideways. It was done to promote anti-French sentiment after WWI. Nice Notes!

https://coinweek.com/paper-money-2/...mpire-notes/

Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10548 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  12:21 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my gift today!

Included were nice group of Jeffs for my collection:

1942-S Silver
1943-P Silver
1974-S Proof

And everyone's favorite:

1 oz Silver Round!

Thank you very much, Santa!
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
13093 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2020  07:43 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
12 Left to receive:
The Final Dozen

88isgreat
Brenpickle
Cdncoins
CollegeBarbers
Earle 42
Finn235
Flying_teapot
Johnny676767
Nickle Nubber
NJ Bob
NumisRob
YNumismetals Collector

09 Jan 2020 0920 hours Forum Time

If you notice this list often has its posting time changed.
That is because I edit the list for a while then repost later.
This prevents me from increasing my post count every time each of you is taken off the list.
rggoodie
aka Richard
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05