Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Holiday Exchange

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Valued Member
Slovenia
457 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  05:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dagaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My gift is beeing held at Slovenian customs since 30. December. It will arrive eventually, I just might to pay taxes. Will post here when it arrives ;)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10221 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Santa's been very nice to everyone this year! Let's hope those final dozen come in soon!
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2020  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny676767 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's mine- arrived early. I was late to post. Thanks, it was a great choice!

Valued Member
Slovenia
457 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2020  03:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dagaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My gift arrived today!
It's a proof 1961 and a 1955 UNC Franklin half dollar with 1978 Whitman's Franklin half album!
I'm very very happy! Thank you so much, Santa!

I must say I was looking for a US coins related project for some time now and Franklin halves were at the top of my list, so this gift really hit the bull's eye!
Learn More...
United States
13016 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2020  06:35 am  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
11 Left to receive:

88isgreat
Brenpickle
Cdncoins
CollegeBarbers
Earle 42
Finn235
Flying_teapot
Nickle Nubber
NJ Bob
NumisRob
YNumismetals Collector

10 Jan 2020 0635 hours Forum Time

rggoodie
aka Richard
"catch em doing something right"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
510 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received this from SelectCoinCanada. I really Like the toned 1967 25cent piece. it is beautiful.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6157 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank Brenpickle for working so well together with Santa this year! He really did his homework. The package contained a nice assortment of ancient coins. he read wehere I said I was thinking of starting to look into them and so sent me a handful to find out what the process of cleaning them up is like for myself. Looking forward to it. He also sent me a fake silver eagle for education purposes - which is interesting b/c there have been a few times I wanted to get one but had not yet done it. Also I the package was a 1938 S/S/S RPM Lincoln cent! Beautiful and I really like RPMs! And last, but certainly not least, he somewhere picked up a glass insulator and put it in the package also! Its an off clear, what would be classified in the hobby as a CD155, and the date code on it says it was made in 1957. I plan on putting it on one of my outside pole displays. Sorry no pics, hoping to get some later.
Thanks again to rgoodie for hosting this exchange yet again. I know I look forward to it every year.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5786 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I haven't had a chance to post this yet, but Santa came about a week ago.

Some little elf told him that I have a soft spot for ancient Roman coins...

Thanks, Santa!
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Learn More...
United States
13016 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
9 Left to receive:

We are now in Single digits

88isgreat
Brenpickle
Cdncoins
CollegeBarbers
Earle 42
Flying_teapot
Nickle Nubber
NJ Bob
YNumismetals Collector

14 Jan 2020 1644 hours Forum Time
rggoodie
aka Richard
Valued Member
Canada
435 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my secret Santa gift today. Three very cool ancient coins. Until now my oldest coin was 1858. I have been fascinated with ancient coins for a while, but never knew where to start. I have to do some more research on these, but I'm glad each envelope they came in has a good description to get me started. Thank you!

Learn More...
United States
13016 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HELP!
Anyone know about foreign postal regulations.
We have a member in Russia, who is in the exchange.
He has sent an exchange gift to the person assigned to him
but
he is not able to receive what was sent to him.
His comment to me is

Quote:
Would you be so kind to give me the tracking number please
I can't receive the package without it, because i'll never know it arrived - because it's addressed poste restante. No notifications at all.

information from sender is

Quote:
There is no tracking to that country but there is tracking within the USA. The Post office says that it has dispatched to its destination from...

any assistance would be appreciated.
rggoodie
aka Richard
Valued Member
Russian Federation
395 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flying_teapot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually there's no problem at all with packages to Russia.
I already answered Rggoodie in the mail, but also explain this here.
There IS tracking information outside the USA. Tracking stops after leaving the US on the USPS website, but it continues on the russian post website! US postal office workers don't know this for some reason, and saying false information.
I asked Rggoodie to give me the tracking number for my convenience. I can visit post office every day asking about the package from USA (this annoys them), or I can get the track and see the updates.
So, First-Class Package International Service has all-way tracking, but newest information isn't availble on the USPS website - because since that moment it is provided by the postal servise of the destination country.
US coin collector from Russia
Come to see my collection http://goccf.com/t/309048
My wishlist and trade
http://goccf.com/t/311993
Edited by flying_teapot
01/14/2020 08:35 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5947 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  08:58 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received my Secret Santa!

- A colorized Cook Islands Dollar commemorating the Royal Diamond Wedding Anniversary in 2007. The sort of fun coin I enjoy having but don't usually buy for myself!

- Two classic 19th-century French coins: an 1871A 5 centimes and 1872A 10 centimes. Both in much better condition than most I've seen. The 10c especially!

- Two 1950s editions of Seaby's Coin & Medal Bulletin. They include fascinating articles on 19th-century forgeries and on the Great Re-Coinage of 1816. There are also some amazing advertisements offering coins such as an Edward VI silver crown in Good Fine for 7 and a 1658 Cromwell crown for 11.50... What I need from Santa next year is a Time Machine!

Thanks Santa!
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carrigna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Flying Teapot,

Since you have the tracking number, that is good.

You just need to be patient with your country's postal service.

The tracking number does stop when the first class mail package leaves the USA and continues on your country's website. Again, it does depend on which countries. Again, it depends on what kind of tracking number.

I had sent a package to Germany. The tracking stopped when it arrives in Germany. Another package using Priority Mail service to the UK, tracking continued up to the receiver's address. Later on, it turned out it is the same with the first class package. It depends on countries and their agreements with our postal service.

For example, the US does not track foreign registered mail In transit when it arrives in our country. It will appear when it is being delivered and signed for.

Good luck and I think Santa's package will reach you eventually.

Edited by Carrigna
01/14/2020 09:28 am
Learn More...
United States
13016 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
9 Left to receive:

We are now in Single digits

88isgreat
Brenpickle
Cdncoins
CollegeBarbers
Earle 42
Flying_teapot
Nickle Nubber
NJ Bob
YNumismetals Collector

14 Jan 2020 1505 hours Forum Time
rggoodie
aka Richard
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05