Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flip-O-rama On Ebay ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7563 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  9:55 pm Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
You ever have a buyer purchase a coin and the buyer tries to flip the coin within the 14 day return window and return it if it doesn't get sold ? I have a feeling this might happen. You would think once it's up for sale by them that it's a done deal but I guess it's possible within the rules.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1342 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it could happen, but I'm with you, I'd think it was a done deal once they tried to sell something they bought. Has this, or is this happening to you?
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
7563 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just have a feeling it might. We'll see what happens.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17898 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can count my returns, of many thousands of sales, on one hand. I've never experienced Flipping within a refund window.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
12550 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had it happen before and I won't refund their shipping costs if I see it even if the listing is free shipping. It happens off eBay too though where you will get a return on the 12th or 14th day which just happens to be the weekend after a coin show in their area.

In my opinion genuine returns happen in the first 1-3 days maybe like 5 days max. You know if you like a coin or not. After a week and right at the very end the chances are pretty good that someone had attempted to flip it somewhere
Pillar of the Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought one I plan on flipping but would never try what this guy is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7114 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  09:19 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A good reason to keep the returns to 14 days, and not more. Even makes the case for no returns.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7563 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 14 days start when he receives it. He has about 12 days to flip it and if he has no success then return it at no harm to him for a full refund. He hasn't said anything yet but I just have that feeling. I've never had it happen before but it does look like a loophole in the rules.
Learn More...
United States
22576 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have a no questions asked return policy, then it matters not if they are trying to flip it. Worrying / thinking about it does no good.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12550 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you have a no questions asked return policy, then it matters not if they are trying to flip it. Worrying / thinking about it does no good.

The problem is that eBay dictates your minimum return window of 14 days. People shouldn't be able to use others as free inventory and stick them with eating shipping and soon not having paypal fees returned because they wanted to use their inventory as their own for free
Pillar of the Community
United States
7563 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This could be why some sellers will stipulate on their listing that if you remove the coin from its protective covering then you've bought it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05