Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1976 D Quarter DDO-001

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  1:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was thinking about sending this off to a TPG but understand that it may not be worth it depending on the grade. There is heavy circulation wear and I wanted to get some expert opinions. Thanks!

Edited by CoinHI
10/19/2019 5:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1342 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting! It looks like the FS-101. Let's see what others think.

I'm not sure that it's worth the cost of grading, but it should be worth a few bucks!

Edit: Updated information.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Edited by Yokozuna
10/19/2019 2:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting. Here's one I found then had slabbed a while back.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17898 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I looked at a kabillion of the 76 in the early 80's trying to find one of those, and I never did. Certainly not common in my book.

I guess if I owned it I'd NGC it just to celebrate having one of the boogers. So don't take my very prejudiced advice
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yokozuna

Nice coin IJN1944! that one is in a lot better shape than mine.

Thanks Moxking, Believe it or not, this was the first or second 1976 quarter I looked at for an error. I didn't realize for sure that it was a DDO or how prized it was until I read yours and other CCFrs responses here. I'm grateful to have found it but I feel because I found it so quickly that I missed out on the excitement of knowing what I had found. Poor me huh? :) anyways thanks again for the comments.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42123 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find. Looks AU?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2788 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This ones pretty expensive. It may be worth it to grade IMO.

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Some of my best finds:
1942 LWC DDO FS-104 http://goccf.com/t/344022
1963 25˘ Type B reverse http://goccf.com/t/352858 1964 LMC Tapered Planchet http://goccf.com/t/344895 1867 Indian cent RPD: Snow-1 http://goccf.com/t/357323

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05